Chapter 21: Date Night

Anta

"You look gorgeous!"

Lei scanned my outfit with eyes of approval.

I had on a black mini dress and my mother's silver necklace and simple black heels. 

Lei had helped me curl my hair slightly, making my brown hair wavy. I applied a light layer of primer and concealer, using setting powder and my makeup brush. My mascara looked natural, and my lashes were sky-high, thanks to Lei again. My cheekbones were glittery with blush and highlighter.

And  I had strapped my gun on my thigh. Just in case.

Lorenzo could be the world's top trained Russian assassin for all I know.

Besides, I never go anywhere without my baby. 

My gun, not Lorenzo.

I applied a hint of tinted chapstick, glancing in the mirror for one last check-up, breathing in and out slowly.

"Have fun! You and Lorenzo are so cute together!" Lei grinned, hugging me.

"We're not together," I laughed, "it's just a date."

I walked out my room with Lei, heading down to the lobby of the cold, grey manor.

She bid me goodbye, heading to the kitchen to find Stef and save him. 

Lord knows what Stef is concocting in that kitchen.

As some men opened the entrance doors for me, I peered at Lorenzo was standing outside, his black car parked out front, behind the manor's fountain. 

I took another deep breath, walking over to him. What do I say? Hey? Hi? Yo? 

"'Sup."

SUP? Really?

"'Sup, sweetheart," he smirked, sensing my distress and wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"You look beautiful."

"Um, thanks," I said, looking at him, "you don't look as creepy and perverted as usual," I glanced at his formal attire, smirking.

He chuckled, leading me to his car.

As he closed the car door, I sat down and strapped my seatbelt.

Lorenzo did not strap his seatbelt.

I don't know him that well, but dying on a first date isn't the best way to die.

"Safety first," I leaned forward, pulling the seatbelt strap and clicking it in place.

We sped off, passing through the manor's bronze gates. The sky was getting dark already, the sun setting minutes ago.

---

"Sweetheart, we're here," a voice said, shaking me from my nap.

I yawned as I sat straight, realizing that I had been resting on Lorenzo's shoulder.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't know I was lying on you," I rubbed my sleepy eyes.

"I don't mind at all," he smirked. 

I smacked his arm. Hard.

The restaurant was coming into view as Lorenzo drove the car smoothly into the parking area, beside the bright restaurant. The walls were red brick, and the front door and two suited men welcoming the guests.