십사일 (Forty One) - S

~십사일 (Forty One) - S~

Much to our surprise - and possibly my relief - the Park family wasn't home yet.

"I told them we are coming, but..."

"But you didn't specify the day, did you?"

Jimin's sheepish expression confirms my question as I let out a sigh of both relief and slight annoyance, for the number of nerves that I had been bundled within me now all felt as though they were almost for nothing

Jimin's sheepish expression confirms my question as I let out a sigh of both relief and slight annoyance, for the number of nerves that I had been bundled within me now all felt as though they were almost for nothing. After all, my mother has always taught me that in Korean culture (and many other Asian cultures for that matter), making good first impressions towards your significant other's family - especially the parents - was extremely important, for they would normally only bring their partner back home if they were serious about them.

Just as how Jimin wouldn't have brought me here if he wasn't serious about me.

Speaking of the man, he only begins to laugh out of embarrassment as he wraps his arms around me, kissing my nose.

"Sorry baby, just want to surprise them." He apologises while I held back a smile.

"No it's fine, it's just...yeah." I didn't need to say much for him to know how nervous I had been, walking across the lawn earlier was enough to make my stomach churn. Jimin just smiles endearingly while he pecks my lips now.

"Don't worry, they will love you." He repeats, just as he has for the past few hours.

We decided to unload our bags first, with Jimin casually bringing all our bags up as he shoos me away from trying to help, encouraging me to make myself comfortable instead as he makes a few trips up and down. Glancing around the big house, I noted how the industrially chic interiors matched with that of the outside, as I could now see where Jimin may have gained some of his style inspiration from. Just as I looked towards the glass doors leading out to the pretty patio deck area, my gaze was met with abundant greenery.

Quietly, I walked closer, observing and admiring how the garden was not only well-kempt, but the fact that the Park family had so many different flowers and plants blooming within its lawns, each vegetation neatly labelled with wooden label tags.

It almost looked like a garden of Eden.

"My Omma loves plants," Jimin's voice rings out of nowhere, startling me slightly as he chuckles. "I see you see."

"You saw me looking, you mean?" I playfully corrected him as his cheeks began to burn slightly.

"Right, yes. You looking..."

"Well, your family's garden is really beautiful. She must be doing a great job." I complimented as he just beams now, his eyes going into its two tiny crescents whenever he's extremely excited or happy.

"She does! She will be so happy to hear!" He exclaims, sounding like the proud son that he is as I giggled.

"You're done with the unloading of bags?"