사(Four) - J

~사 (Four) - J~

I stared hard at her as she twirls her pasta with a fork and takes yet another mouthful, oblivious. How could she be so calm? I thought as my mind flashes back to what happened just now, causing my cheeks to burn up once more.

In the surge of that moment, I really wanted to try kissing her. I wanted to kiss Sophie.

Fuck.

"Jimin," She suddenly says, shaking me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

 "Are you okay?"

"Uhh yes..yes!" I said quickly in English as I started shoving pasta into my mouth, chewing. She watches me with concern, her head cocked to one side.

"Are you sure? You seem a little...not yourself today."

"Don't worry I'm fine, thank you."

"Okay...well if you want to talk, I'm here okay?" She says worriedly. "I don't care even if it has to be korean. I am willing to listen what I can."

"Okay...thank you," I said forcing a smile as I sighed inwardly. I couldn't talk to her about it, especially since she seems really dense about what just happened just now. I mean, this could be a good thing. I could just let it slide off and pretend it never happened.

"Also, you were really cute just now, grabbing me by my shoulders all of a sudden."

Or maybe she's not as dense as I thought.

I felt my cheeks burn up again now as she just smiles at me, waiting for my response. I just quickly shrugged and laughed it off like it was nothing.

"I thought there...something on you." I struggled, feeling even worse about myself when I heard myself speak. Sophie just nods giggling as she winks at me.

"Sure there was." She says as I just forced yet another smile.

Dinner took forever to be over but when it was, I quickly made an excuse of having to leave first due to something popping up back home before rushing off. I couldn't do this, I couldn't pretend that I could possibly have something with her. There was the language barrier, it was so hard for me to properly express myself and half the time I couldn't understand what she said until she broke it down for me. And that made me feel worse, her simplifying her words for me.

I felt stupid, and I hated it because I wasn't.

"Jimin?" Seokjin greets me when I finally entered the house, looking confused. "I thought you said you'll be home late?"

"Not now Hyung," I said sullenly walking past him as I marched up the stairs to my bedroom. I threw myself on bed as I almost buried my face into my pillow when I remembered I still had my sunscreen on as I groaned.

"Jimin-ah, you alright?" I heard Namjoon from behind me as I didn't move. I could hear his footsteps as the bed sink down a little beside me. "Did something happen with your date today? You were really excited when you left this afternoon."

"I don't wanna talk about it." I muttered, feeling extra glum. If only I had Namjoon's skills, I could probably be holding much more intellectual conversations with her, than me sounding like a constant elementary school student who could hardly form proper sentences.

"You know it's not good to keep it in, Jiminie." He says patting my back now as I sighed and rolled onto my back, looking up at him as his concerned eyes met mine.

"I can't do it, Joon Hyung. It's too hard to converse with her. Even the lessons that she's been giving me, it has only helped so much." I grumbled as Namjoon chuckles a little.

"Well given the fact it's only been more than two weeks. English is like math, you can't just solve it once and expect yourself to be good at it. It requires practice, lots of practice." He says as I sighed.

"It's fucking stupid." I said simply. "I really want to get to know her better, but the language barrier is really in the way."

"There's always hand gestures and actions-"

"I'm not a fucking mute." I said, glaring a little before I stopped. "I'm sorry. I just feel so pathetic for not being able to even hold proper conversations with her without her having to explain to me something every few minutes."

"Aren't you teaching her Korean too though?"

"Well, does it look like I've really been bothered with teaching her Korean?" I said as he shook his head. "Exactly, plus I'm pretty sure if we had to compare the standard of her Korean and my English, her Korean is way better. I mean, she knows a heck ton of vocabulary and some random phrases due to her mother's side and the TV shows she watch. All I watch is Boss Baby on repeat and I'm still struggling to make it past 10 mins of understanding what they say without subtitles!" I exclaimed as I sighed loudly, staring up at the ceiling.

"At least you're-"

"Forget it...we won't be here forever anyway. It doesn't matter anymore once we go back. This stupid infatuation won't last." I interrupted, sinking further into my bed, as much as I could. Distance, distance was going to be another problem if I kept this up.

"Jimin..."

"Just leave Hyung, I need time alone."

"Okay, but not before I say this. Anything could be a barrier, but feelings know no bounds." He said as he patted my forehead before leaving. I didn't shift from my position, still staring up at the ceiling, letting the words of Namjoon sink in as I contemplated over what I had tried and what I had done.

It wouldn't work out with her, wouldn't it? Why did it suddenly lead to this?

My phone vibrated in my back pocket as I lifted half my butt to get it out. It was a message from Sophie. I paused for a moment, thinking if I should even open it, but my phone's face-scanning ID decided to work perfectly today as the message opened up immediately by itself.  My eyes widened a little when I realised it was in korean.

S: Jimin, I hope you are feeling okay? I don't know what happened just now, but I hope you are better!

S: I hope it makes sense!! I used papago to help me teehee.

I felt the corners of my lips tug into a small smile, her efforts of trying to communicate with me made me feel a little better as I sighed closing my eyes, seems like I was fucked.

Why do you always wear your heart on your sleeve, Jimin?

__________________________________

Oh Jimin-ssi, you're whooped af my boy ;)