사십팔 (Forty eight) - J

~ 사십팔 (Forty Eight) - J~

It's been a while since I felt like this

After all of that crying from the morning, Sophie and I ate our breakfast in mutual silence before she left to go wash up. Meanwhile, I had forwarded all the emails to the management group chat as Sejin just thanked me, assuring me that with every email the blackmailer sent, the easier it was going to be for the authorities to track them down. The person was apparently not the smartest for having used the same email, and just as we had finally left the hotel that afternoon, Sejin was already back with news.

The blackmailer was a local; or at least someone based in Korea.

Knowing that the culprit could be caught within national borders was something that made me feel the tiniest bit relieved, but yet I did not share this with Sophie. I no longer knew how I felt if I had to be honest, towards all that she had said and all that I have read from those screenshots.

I mean, how should one feel?

Knowing that their partner doesn't even trust them enough to share about what they are truly feeling? About their worries and sorrows? About crucial things such as her academic issue relating to her graduation, and more?

She told me she would try her best to be more open about her feelings, about potentially opening up to me about the incident, about all that had happened; but was she really? It was so easy for her to cry her heart out to Namjoon on text, to complain about feeling crappy to Hoseok, but yet when it came to me...it was because she didn't want me to worry? She didn't want me to look at her differently?

Why would I look at her differently?

Our drive back to her grandmother's place was just as wordless and when we arrived, I decided that maybe I shouldn't stay for the final night after all. Everything just felt too fresh, and even if I still wasn't sure about certain details due to me rejecting her offer of an explanation back then, I needed some time to digest the fact that my girlfriend was keeping important secrets away from me, and sharing them all with someone else.

"W-what...what are you doing?" She finally speaks, her first sentence to me hours after we had both remained tight-lipped to each other for the whole day. I could only keep my gaze focused on my suitcase, for looking at her may only falter my resolve to leave.

"I'm going Yoongi Hyung's..."

I hadn't actually thought about who or where I'd go to, but since Yoongi's name had slipped out, I guess his place it is.

"Oh..." She responds, and that was the end of our conversation.

Sophie didn't even try to stop me as I packed, only ever watching with a rather gloomy look in her eye; this only made me feel worse for it was though she didn't care that I was gonna leave, as though she wasn't even affected by my presence.