이십구 (Twenty Nine) Part II - S

~이십구 (Twenty Nine) Part II - S ~

The first thing I heard when I came to my senses, was the beeping sound of a monitor.

I blinked my heavy eyelids open, as I allowed my vision to adjusted itself towards my unfamiliar surroundings. The strong smell of disinfectants plunges through my nostrils as I slowly turned my head towards the beeping ECG machine, noticing an IV drip that hung beside it as my eyes followed the tube that led to the needle being connected to my right hand.

How did I even get here?

There was no one else present within my ward, although I could hear voices right outside my door. Just as I attempted to sit myself up, the door swings open.

"Sophie!" Janice exclaims loudly with relief upon seeing that I was awake, running over immediately as I flashed her a weak smile.

"Hi." I said, my voice hoarse.

"Don't you just 'hi' me." She scolds immediately, her face cast with a frown as she gently punches me on the shoulder. "What the hell were you thinking? Skipping classes and not eating anything for 4 days? The doctors said that if we found you any later your stomach would have made a hole in itself!"

"A h-hole?" I repeated, instinctively grabbing onto my stomach.

"Yes, a hole, a gastric ulcer to be specific. You passed out from dehydration and pain because your gastric juices were attacking your own stomach."

"Oh..."

"Don't just say 'oh'. How could you do that? You wouldn't even answer any of my phone calls....just what in the world..." She stops talking now as tears started rolling down her cheeks, my heart breaking as I watched her cry.

"I'm sorry." I whispered out, as she just bends down to hug me tightly without saying anything else. I wrapped my left hand over her, rubbing her back gently as she continues to cry. "I know I have a lot to explain, and I know I've scared you. I'm sorry Janice."

"It's not like you to even do such things...just why..."

"I know, and I'm truly sorry."

"You..you better be." She says while pulling away, taking tissue from a tissue box found on the bedside table as she wipes her tears away.

"I am."I say as she smiles a little now.

"You know, if it weren't for your boyfriend, I think none of us would have even known that something happened to you." She states as I felt my body still in shock.

"My b-boyfriend?" I repeated as she nods.

"Yes, your boyfriend. He found my Instagram and messaged me, asking me to check up on you because you both fought and you didn't want to answer his texts or calls? He said he was worried something could have happened...who knew he would have suspected right." She explains before suddenly hitting me on the shoulder once more.

"Ouch, why do you keep doing that?" I groaned.

"Because you deserve it! How could you not tell me about your boyfriend as well? Why did you lie to me that other day and not tell me that your boyfriend was-" She pauses on her scolding halfway, peeking towards the closed door before she turns back to me. "How could you not tell me that your boyfriend is the same Park Jimin from BTS?" She whispers at the end as I smiled guiltily at her.

"Sorry, I was trying to protect his identity and privacy because it's not something to really brag about; any wrong statement and it'll affect his career immensely, I don't want to do that to him. Plus, I didn't know if you'd believe me..." I explained as she just stares at me before sighing.