칠 (Seven) Part II - S

~칠 (Seven) Part II - S~

"Are you sure it's alright for me to stay for dinner?" I asked Jimin once again, laying on his bed as he sits at the edge, flicking through the TV as if he was trying to find something to watch.

"It's okay, Namjoon Hyung say so." He responds once again, repeating his answer just as he did just now. He stops at a random channel now. "Oh...귀여워(gwiyeowo / how cute)!" He exclaims when baby giraffes appeared on the TV. He seats himself back a little more, being careful to avoid any contact with me as he brings his knees to his chest, huddling as he watches the documentary.

"Jimin..." I tried again as I began to sit up but he reacts immediately to my movements, turning back as he shakes his head with a slight frown.

"No no no, you no sit, you lie down. Must rest." He insists as I sighed.

"But you aren't talking to me." I finally said, as he just flashes me a small smile.

"Sorry...I don't know...good topic to change." He admits, stating that he just didn't want to talk about what happened just now. I sighed once more.

"Okay fine, let's change topics," I responded as he smiles more, looking relieved. "Will you talk to me then?"

"Okay." He agrees, nodding. "If you lie down rest."

"I'll rest if you rest together with me." I conjured back, patting the space beside me as he stares at it for a few seconds, before slowly shifting over. He makes himself comfy beside me, making sure to still keep some distance as he slowly lays back down. I quietly laid my head back onto the pillows too, understanding his need for distance. Koreans aren't as touchy as Americans, nor are they very comfortable with it. Hence, I usually refrained from having too much physical contact with Jimin unless he initiates.

We watched the documentary quietly for a while, listening to the narrator explain about the life of wild giraffes as Jimin's concentration remains focused on the screen.

"Do you understand what he said?"I asked after a while, deciding to not look at him so as to make him feel comfortable.

"Yes....a little hard...but most can." He responds.

"That's really good Jimin, you're improving!"

"Thank you, I trying."

It goes silent for a while again, an awkward tension already building at the end as I heard Jimin muttering things to himself in Korean. I slowly turned to look at him, only to find that he was already watching me.

"I...I don't like this." He fesses as I chuckled sadly.

"Yeah, neither do I. Why is it so awkward? We're supposed to be friends, aren't we?" I say now as he pauses before slowly nodding.

"We are friends." He repeats, his tone was one of him trying to assure me as I reached over, patting his head now.

"So friends should tell each other everything," I said softly as his eyes widened before his face changes into one of guilt, the same guilt that I saw on his face just now during the heated conversation with Yoongi, I couldn't help but felt bad now. "It's okay, I won't push you to say anything that makes you feel uncomfortable," I quickly added.

"Um...It's okay...."

"I'm sorry for saying that, you really don't have to."

"Sophie...you don't know who I?" He finally says now as I stared at him confusedly.

"You're asking me whether I know who you are?" I repeated back as he just nods, his expression was one of seriousness and fear. "Well...yeah? You're my friend who I made-"