이십칠 (Twenty Seven) - S

~이십칠(Twenty Seven) - S~

It's been more than two months since Jimin and the others went back.

And I missed him so much.

Staring at our thread of conversations once more, I sighed at how it was slowly became shorter and shorter with each day as they gradually returned to their busy schedules with full force. I knew that dating an idol was going to be tough, but to the point of this tough?

It kinda really sucked.

It was bad enough that we had a 13 hour time difference; but what sucked even more was that even when there was a window frame of us being awake together at the same time, one of us was always busy doing something. A simple 5 liner chat could spanned over 5 hours because of this, and each time I look at the conversation thread, my heart would sinker lower than before.

It felt almost as if we were starting to slowly drift apart due to distance.

It was making me extremely worried and uncomfortable, and the usage of our emojis also dropped over time due to our lethargy or frustration, which just added on to the stress I felt. I knew that Jimin was probably feeling just as frustrated over this too, but he already had so many things on his plate as it is. Hence, I usually just tried my best with continuously encouraging him that it'll all be fine, even if I did feel kind of shitty about it too.

"Ms. Laurent?" Dr. Warren, the professor who was overseeing my final year project spoke as I bursted out of my thought bubble to look at him.

"I'm sorry sir, you were saying?" I asked while shoving my phone into my pocket as he glances at me before shaking his head.

"You know, you've been a whole lot more restless and fidgety, even forgetful for the past month or so. The quality of your project is also seemingly dropping, which is very unlike you as a honor roll student." He chides as I chewed onto my bottom lip nervously.

"I'm so sorry Dr. Warren, I can fix whatever you need me to-"

"But I'm more concerned about your well-being, so is there anything you wish to share? Because if there is, we can always attempt to adjust this project to better suit your needs? Although that could mean a delayed graduation..."

"Oh..."

"So would you like to talk about anything?"

Well, I fucking miss my famous boyfriend who's currently in Korea.

"I'm fine, and I'm sorry once again for the bad work sir." I said calmly. "I promise I'll get my next draft ready in time, and that it will be of proper quality."

"I hope so." He says as he gets out of his seat now, adjusting his tie. "You're a bright student with a bright future, Sophie. I would hate to see you graduate late when you're one of the more promising ones."

"Thank you, Dr.Warren."

"Why don't you can come back tomorrow again, same time? We can re-look through your drafts to see how you can further improve." He offers as I slowly nodded while packing up my things.

"That would be good. Dr. Warren."

"Okay, then I'll see you tomorrow."

He wasn't that bad of a professor; one that could actually teach, hence I was rather relieved to have him as my supervisor overseeing my project. He was also rather understanding so far, even providing me with helpful pointers.

I couldn't help but pull out my phone again once more as I headed down to the lift lobby, opening my chatting app in hopes to see any new messages from Jimin, but there were none.