이십일(Twenty One) - S

~ 이십일 (Twenty One) - S ~

Was I doing something wrong?

I myself wasn't even sure.

We had all just finished lunch and decided to watch a movie together before Jimin was to send me home. Jimin gently runs his fingers through my hair while I leaned onto his shoulder with his one arm draped around me. His scent and warmth comforted me as I carefully darted my eyes over to where Hoseok was seated, his eyes were trained onto the big TV screen in front of us, the most exciting part of the movie was now playing as Hoseok's words replayed themselves in my head.

"Because I won't get to see you anymore."

"You made it special, so thank you."

He suddenly turns to look at me, and I darted my eyes away from him, feeling that same uneasy feeling rest upon my chest.

It was a confession, I didn't think I was that dense to not even know that. And I was pretty sure that whatever Hoseok was truly trying to express in English, it wasn't meant to be lost in translation.

He likes me.

Or maybe 'liked', maybe it's past tense now.

He did emphasise to me that he wasn't intending to do anything and just thanked me for listening to what he had to say. But despite all that, it made me feel really queasy.

When did this happen? Him liking me?

And does Jimin even know?

The more I thought about it, the more uncomfortable I felt. It was almost as if I couldn't even breathe. Back then, I did not react nor respond to Hoseok's confession. But now, I'm thinking if I should have at least said something. After all, I was too shocked at that point in time to even speak. He however did not push or demand for an answer from me, letting me leave once he was done talking. In fact during lunch, he just pretended as if everything was fine, talking with Jimin and Taehyung to check up on them and make sure they were okay, even trying to engage with me in casual conversations.

I sat up quietly, not wanting to disturb the others as Seokjin and Taehyung looked really engrossed with the movie, while Jungkook seems to have dozed off on Taehyung's shoulder. Jimin turns to me with a raised eyebrow when he felt me shift away from him as I just smiled at him, shaking my head and mouthed that I was just going to get some water.

He nodded, letting me go as I quietly stepped out of the living room, trying to give myself some space to breathe while I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water, drinking it in hopes that it would calm my nerves down.

I had to do something about the situation between Hoseok and me, but I wasn't sure of what to do at all; do I tell Jimin about this? When he had just only patched up with Taehyung from their fight? Hoseok did mention he wouldn't try anything because he respects Jimin and his boundaries. But what if Jimin finds out about Hoseok confessing to me, and that I knew about it all along but I never told him. Wouldn't that be a whole lot worse?

"Thirsty?" An all too familiar voice rings out from behind me now as I slowly turned, freezing to see Hoseok lean against the doorframe. I clutched onto my bottle tightly, just the sight of him was making me feel panicky all over again.

"H-Hoseok Oppa..." I stuttered out as he just walks over, and I instinctively backed away, causing him to pause before he sighs.

"Sophie, I really won't do anything. Please trust me." He says again but I couldn't be sure, I had to know.

"Does Jimin know?"

There was silence for a good few seconds before he breaks away from my eye contact and I felt my heart drop.