Chapter 16: The Case

Makoto POV

My eyes slowly started to lift up a bit and I noticed I was in a bedroom. This must be my bedroom. I slowly got up and stretched a bit and headed for the bathroom and used the sink to wash off my face. Then I cupped some water in my hands and drank it because I had the same nightmare as before.

Once I was done I went back into bed and laid down. I noticed a big lump under the blankets. Must be the pillow I left under my blanket to make it look like it was me laying in bed when I actually snuck out. I am a genius after all!

So I grabbed the pillow and noticed how soft it was when I grabbed it. But below and behold it was not a pillow. It was rather Kyoko Kirigiri I was grabbing. It was her breast! She shot up from where she was laying and I completely panicked.

I looked around to turn on a light and I saw she had a light on her night stand. I turned it on and it dimmed the room a bit.

I looked back at Kyoko and saw her face fully pink and I put my hands up in nervousness and waved them like I normally do.

Makoto: I-I'm so so sorry! I thought I-I was in my house a-and I washed my face in my bathroom...well yours- but- I went to go lay back down a-and I thought you were a pillow and-

Kyoko: Its f-fine. It was just an accident after all right? You would not go and do something like that.

I aggressively nodded and she went to cover herself so she can lay back down. I sat on her bed and just kept moving my legs back and forth. God now I feel awkward what I did.

Makoto: I-I'm sorry.

It was silent still. I sighed, maybe she is mad at me? Or could it be something else? Well I know she is probably now not comfortable after that happening. But I have to stay here because she wanted me to help her with that case. Maybe I can ask her about that so that way she forgets what happened earlier. Yeah! Let's try that.

Makoto: Hey umm Kyoko.

Kyoko: What is it?

Makoto: I was wondering when are we going to work on that case you asked me to help you with from yesterday?

Kyoko: We will soon. I just need to think.

She sat up and faced the other wall. We were looking in opposite directions.

Makoto: Also...did you carry me up to your room?

Kyoko: Yes I did. I did not want you too sleep on the couch.

Makoto: Why did you not put me in the guest bedroom though? So that way I would have not done what I did earlier.

Kyoko: I...wanted you too stay in my room. It helps me sleep when stressed.

I got up and sat next to her after hearing that answer. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and squeezed her gloved hand.

Makoto: I-I'm sorry to hear that you're stressed. Do you wanna talk about it?

Kyoko: I will be fine.

We sat in silence for a bit. She said she just wanted to think which is fine. I don't want to bombard her with questions I have about the case she wants me to help her with.