Chapter 14: Baby's First Mission

"Wanda, you need to focus on the positive in your life. The negative will only distract you." Loki told Wanda who was trying to meditate. She opened one eye and stared at him threateningly.

"You make it sound so easy." She groaned.

"It's not easy, it took me my entire childhood." He explained.

"Thats not fair, your childhood was significantly longer than my life span will ever be." She pointed out.

"And yet we have an equal amount of trauma." He retorted.

"Hey guys! How's training going?" You skipped over to the magicians and laid down on the foam mat.

"Please explain to the old man that he makes it seem way easier than it is." Wanda begged you.

"Please explain to the witchling that she's being a stubborn little gremlin." Loki snapped.

"A gremlin, really? Real insulting Loki. Great jo~" Your sentence was cut off by the noisy mission alarm. Steve burst into the training room in his uniform.

"Hydra is attacking an entire town, we need all hands on deck. Including you, Loki." He informed you. You hopped up and started running towards the large elevator doors. A shimmer of green covered you, Wanda and Loki in your suits.

"Thanks, Lokes." You thanked him and teleported into the Quinjet. He teleported shortly after you with Wanda holding onto his arm. You sensed a weird feeling in the pit of your stomach. Probably just nerves, you told yourself.

The rest of the Avengers piled into the Quinjet and with that, you took off. Loki sat silently by himself on a bench and started to sharpen his daggers. You sat yourself next to him and began to pick at the leather on your suit.

"You're going to damage your suit, stop." Loki told you and placed a hand over yours. Your cheeks grew hot and you cleared your throat.

"We're landing in five minutes." Friday announced. Loki retracted his hand pulled his hair into a man bun. Your heart raced for the remainder of the ride as imagined different outcomes of the mission ahead.

Tony landed the plane in a forest on the outskirts of a town. You unbuckled from the bench and sat up, throwing your hair into a low ponytail.

"Be prepared for anything!" Steve commanded as you exited the jet. You ran through the trees and stopped when you finally saw buildings.

"Westview. Sounds like a good place to live." Vision stated as he hovered above the ground. You saw movement in a window. You pointed in its direction to inform the team where you were going before teleporting. In the room were a bunch of hostages tied to a bathtub.

You pressed your ear to the door and heard people talking through static. You conjured vines into your hands and let them grow long enough to be used as weapons. After a couple seconds of preparation, you kicked the door open and wrapped the vines around the first person you saw. He aimed his weapon in your direction but you pulled him into the wall, knocking him out.

You ran back into the bathroom and untied each hostage, giving them instructions on where to hide in the woods. You teleported out of the house and immediately ran towards the Hulk who was smashing each building to let people out.

"Woah bud, careful. You could hurt a civilian." You warned him and ran off to the next building where you saw Hydra agents surrounding. You entered the building and were immediately greeted by a big sign that read 'Bank'. You searched around and found hostages behind the counter and under the chairs.

"Hey!" A man shouted. He had a huge Hydra logo patch on his jacket and hat. A group of at least 10 agents followed behind him with their guns pointed toward you.

"Cap, trouble." You whispered into your earpiece. You pulled a dagger from your sleeve and threw as hard as you could. It hit the man square in the chest. The rest of the agents started shooting, but you managed to dodge them using gusts of wind. A dagger went flying by your head and hit a woman in the shoulder.

You turned around and saw Loki standing in battle postion by the doorway. Suddenly a sharp pain shot up and down your spine. Ringing filled your ears and you dropped to your knees. Your vision started to fog and everything moved in slow motion.

*

I hate, hate, hate how episode 6 ended

I hate, hate, hate how episode 6 ended. I've never been more mad at Marvel.

Oli <3