Chapter 40: Christmas Morning

"Wanda, it's 3 am." You groaned as Wanda dragged you into the crammed elevator. You looked around at everybody yawning and rubbing their tired eyes.

    "3 am is the best time to open presents." Wanda told you. Peter nodded in agreement along with Shuri who had the most energy out of the group. You leaned back onto the wall next to Loki who was slowly drifting back to sleep.

    "Good morning, darling." He greeted warmly as usual.

    "Good morning, sweetheart," you yawned and tilted your head to rest on his shoulder. When the elevator stopped, Avengers slowly start exiting.

    "C'mon we have to open these dreaded gifts." Loki kissed the top of your head and pulled you gently out of the elevator.

    "I think you'll love what I got you." You told him sleepily. He hummed in response and plopped onto the couch, criss-cross applesauce. You sat beside him and leaned yourself back on him.

    "Here, Y/n." Wanda handed you a medium sized box, wrapped in gold with a note that read: To Y/n, From Thor. You tiredly tore the wrapping paper of the gift and tossed it into the trash bag Tony had set out. Underneath the paper was a six pack of your favorite Asgardian Ale.

"Aw thanks Thor," you smiled to the god who tearing his presents open like a child. Wanda continued handing you presents from each team member. Each gift made your heart flutter. You truly felt at home. The Avengers were officialy your family. They knew you so well, and they all loved you so much. Over your time living in the tower, you had formed a special connection with all of them; connections you never came close to having Asgard.

Loki acknowledged this as he watched your face light up every time Wanda hand you a new present. He had also come to relavation that people cared about him. Not everyone had picked out a gift for him but appreciated those who did. Those people being Thor, Wanda, Peter, and most importantely you.

For such a small amount of people, gift giving was a long task. Directely outside the floor to ceiling windows, the sun started to peep its head out along the horizon. Pinks and oranges laced the bottom of the sky, bringing light to the clouds and causing the stars and moon to fade. The bright tangerine tones seeped through the window and blinds leaving golden cracks and lines on the floor and couch. The brilliant color highlighted your bed as you moved hapily about the living room; which Loki admired.

"Oh no! Don't open that yet," you lowered your carefully wrapped packaging from Loki's hand and gave him a soft smile. He tilted his head in confusion and smiled back.

"Whatever you wish, love." He gently told you and squeezed your hand. Your heart fluttered and you melted into his touch before shifting in your seat to grab his gift to you that was resting nicely on the coffee table.

"I hate to be this way but please wait to open that," Loki pleaded softly and pulled his gifted from your hands.

"Thats my last one." You informed him. He chuckled and looked down at your gift, "and this is my last one." He retorted. At this point, Clint, Wanda and Peter were all watching intently. Nat had disapeared to the kitchen to prepare breakfast while the rest of the team had fallen back to asleep on the multitude of couches.

"Open them at the same time," Peter suggested in a whisper. Clint and Wanda aggressively hushed him, offcially breaking the tension between you and the god merely two inches from your face. You doubled over in laughter filling the now sensitive silence. Loki felt a pull at his heart as your soft laughter met his ear.

You slowly recovered from your laughter and eventually pulled Loki's gift up to your chest. He did the same to yours and waited for your signal. You nodded jokingly and began to unwrap the gift. He locked eyes with you and mimicked your motions.

*

One chapter left, luvs :)

Olivia <3