Chapter 16: Phone Number

Steve caught you up on the events of the mission. Wanda explained how Loki healed you and while she explained, you couldn't keep your eyes off of Loki's unconscious figure that was slumped in a rickety chair. You sat up from the bed and lifted Loki over your shoulders to place him in your spot. You knew the dangers of healing magic and how exhausted he must be.

    "I need to get out and stretch my legs." You told the team from the staircase.

    "What? But you just woke up, rest a little." Tony begged.

"I'm fine, Tony. I'm just going to the store." You responded.

"Take someone with you, just in case." Nat commanded. You sighed and pulled Wanda by her collar into the elevator.

"Rough, just how I like it." Wanda jested as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"Gross, Wanda. Really gross." You sighed.

*

You pushed the wobbly cart down the long aisles of the supermarket you dragged Wanda to. Each shelf was fully stocked with all of your Earth favorites.

    "Do you really need a case of Monsters?" Wanda asked as she placed a box of noodles in the cart.

    "Yes, yes I do." You responded. You turned the cart and skimmed the fridges for your favorite Lunchable.

     "You have the food pallet of a four year old." She whined.

    "I'm dying of laughter, Wanda. Seriously, keep going." You retorted. She rolled her eyes and placed more of her items into the cart. She rolled her eyes once again and skipped over to the pastry aisle. You followed closely behind, pastries were your weakness.

    "Excuse me?" A woman about Wanda's age tapped on her shoulder.

     "Yes?" Wanda turned around to face her, before tossing a box of Pop-tarts into the cart.

     "I was wondering if your friend was single." The woman stammered. You felt your face go hot. You turned to face Wanda and the mysterious lady.

     "I am." You answered for Wanda, with a smile. Now you could get a good look at this woman. She had beautiful black hair that met her shoulders and green eyes that were brought out by her eyeliner. She had eye bags and short black nails.

     "I'm Lilly, here's my number." She handed you a scrap of paper with digits and her name with a heart on the 'i' then walked away.

*

    You walked into the living room with your phone at least two inches from your face, typing furiously. With each ding, a smile crept onto your face.

"Texting a boy?" Tony asked you from the kitchen. You shook your head and plopped onto the couch.

     "A girl?" He continued.

    "Sort of." You replied. You kicked your feet up onto the coffee table and held your phone in the air as you waited for her to reply.

    "What do you mean by 'Sort of.'" Steve questioned.

    "Lilly is gender-fluid." You responded, half annoyed, "does anyone know what a date is?" You asked.

    "Oh my god did she ask you out on a date??" Natasha exclaimed. She pushed Clint out of the way and scurried over to bury herself in your phone.

    While you and Nat were discussing Midgard dating customs and what a date with Lilly would entail, Friday spoke up with a very important announcement.

  "Miss Y/n, Loki is waking up."

*

I need therapy :)

I need therapy :)

Oli <3