Chapter 39: A Gen Z Christmas

On Christmas Eve, you and Wanda set your presents under the already crowded tree. Just for laughs the whole team decided to set out cookies and after they had to explain the custom to you and Loki.

"I don't get it." Loki spoke while chewing on a cookie he took from the plate.

"Yeah, me neither." You admitted and stole a chocolate chip cookie.

"Hey, hey! Those are for Daddy Winter!" Shuri scolded from the couch.

"Oh hey! You're back!" You exclaimed through bites.

"Do not embarrass me, Y/n." Peter pleaded. You laughed and patted his head before walking off to pool table where Bucky and Tony were competing.

"Hey, fellas!" You hopped onto the table and swung your feet joyfully.

"Y/n, you're in our way." Bucky told you.

"Boo! I don't wanna move." You replied with a pout and a thumbs down. He rolled his eyes and picked you up off of the table; placing you gently on the ground against a support beam. Loki eyed the exchange with jealousy swirling in the pit of his stomach as you spoke with Bucky.

"Whatchya lookin' at?" Peter draped his arm around Loki's shoulder and leaned up to reach his height. Shuri joined mimicking Peter's motions and watched your interaction.

"Nothing," Loki muttered as his eyes followed your every movement.

"Okay now it's getting creepy. Look down before she sees you." Shuri whispered. Loki ignored her suggestion.

You laughed lightly at a joke Tony cracked before glancing up to see Loki, Shuri and Peter looking at you. You waved nervously before turning your attention back to Bucky and Tony who were now arguing about pool rules.

"What did I tell you?" Shuri smacked Loki in the arm.

"Careful Shuri, he carries daggers." Peter warned her gently.

"What are you babbling about? I would never harm a child." Loki scoffed, looking genuinely offended.

"See that's where we're different." You chuckled as you approached the group.

"Yeah, Y/n would happily punt a baby." Peter jokingly informed the group.

"Only on weekends, it's kind of a side hustle." You nodded.

"And I'm the bad guy." Loki rolled his eyes.

"Nobody thinks that anymore, Lokes." You smiled and place your hand on his upper arm.

*

Clint invited his family to the tower for Christmas, as did Shuri and Peter.

"Happy, stop flirting with May." You scolded Happy who was visiting for the holiday. Peter sent you a silent thank you from his spot at the kids table and you gave him a wink in response.

"Loki can you pass the salt?" You asked Loki who was carefully picking at his nails. He nodded and slid the salt down the table directly into your hand.

    "Thanks, sweetheart." You smiled and salted the bland-ass asparagus Tony had cooked.

     "Tony have you ever touched a seasoning?" Sam teased as he pinched his nose and bit into the asparagus. Tony opened his mouth but was interrupted by an orange portal sparking into existence behind him.

     A man in a cloak stepped through with an infinity stone hanging from his neck.

    "Hello everyone, sorry I'm late." He waved.

    "You weren't even invited." Tony booed.

    "I invited the wizard!" Thor stood up and clapped the 'wizard' on the back.

    "Why, barbie?" Tony whined.

    "I wanted him to meet Y/n and Loki!" Thor exclaimed sat the man between you and Loki.

"I'm Doctor Stephen Strange." The man greeted you and stuck his hand out.

"I'm Y/n of Asgard, goddess of the elements and plants." You shook his hand. The doctor completely ignored Loki who was watching him interact with every other Avenger.

    "So why did you want us to meet him, Thor?" You asked the blonde who was mixing every food imaginable into his mashed potatoes.

    "Well Loki does magic and you dabble in it. Bonding experience?" He questioned hopefully before eating a glob of his mashed potato concoction.

"Holy crap is that an Infinity Stone?!" You exclaimed and grabbed the eye charm of his necklace. You yanked him closer so you could fully examine it. His face now level with your head, you could feel his breath on the top of your forehead.

"Loki look at this," you slipped the necklace off with ease and tossed it to Loki.

"I don't think thats a good idea.." Tony murmured weakly.

"I completely agree with Stark for once," Strange replied and snatch the stone from Loki who was admiring it peacefully.

"Boo you whore!" You whined and stuck your tongue out at Tony and Doctor Strange.

*

We're nearing the end

Olivia <3