~ 22 ~

"You know, I had an idea," Mikyung said to Haknyeon as soon as she walked over to him. Another week had passed, and despite his confession, things had remained normal between the two of them. She was relieved it wasn't awkward. 

Honestly, she was still confused about her own feelings. She was still working through a lot of things. For so long she'd pushed aside the thought of having a relationship that she still wasn't sure if she was ready for one. She couldn't figure out if she'd let him into her heart or not. 

"What's your idea?" he asked, taking the camera out of her hands and putting it around his neck. 

"I could carry it," she said. "It's not heavy." 

"I'm trying to be a gentleman," he said dramatically. "Can I help you with your bag too, milady?"

Mikyung laughed. "Absolutely not. Anyway, my idea is... You know how you said you wanted to do cheesy and cliché things? Can we still do them even if I'm unsure of my feelings? I thought it would be cool to see the sunset on the beach, especially since it's winter and no one will be there and it would be cool to take pretty pictures there," she said, rambling on and on until she was practically out of breath. "Is that a bad idea?" she worried aloud. 

"It's a very good idea," he assured her, ruffling her hair. "Do you want to take the bus to the beach or would you rather rent a car?"  

"Doesn't matter," she said, shrugging. "You can decide." 

He nodded, going on his phone and together they checked the bus times that headed to the beach area. "If we run, we can catch it," he said.

"Then let's go," she replied, taking his hand and starting to run. 

***

"Should I push you into the water?" Mikyung said playfully, nudging Haknyeon's shoulder with her own as they walked side by side near the edge of the empty beach, the sunset making everything feel magical. 

"You better not!" Haknyeon yelped, going on the other side of her so that she was closer to the water. "If you do then I'm pushing you in as well, and you know that must be freezing." 

"Hey!" she complained. "You know I get cold super easily." 

He just smiled at her, his eyes flickering to the scarf that she was wearing. It was the one he'd given her, it ended up becoming her favorite and she'd been wearing it everywhere ever since he'd said she could keep it. 

"I know," he said. "Which is why you shouldn't be threatening me," he said, sticking his tongue out and making her laugh. 

"You wouldn't push me into the water, even if I did it to you," she said confidently. "Right?" she asked, grabbing hold of his waist and trying to move him to the icy cold water. 

"Wrong!" he exclaimed, catching her and scooping her into his arms. 

"Let me go!" she complained, laughing as he pretended to throw her into the water. "Don't drop me," she whined, her arms strung around his neck as she held on tight so that he wouldn't drop her. 

He laughed, setting her back down on the sand and holding up the camera to her. 

"Smile!"