~ 23 ~

The weeks passed. Mikyung had taken on another part-time job in order to pay Haknyeon back as quickly as possible. She didn't know how she managed to do it, but somehow she already earned all the money. She sent Haknyeon a text, asking him to meet her outside of the school and she walked back from her job on unsteady feet, feeling absolutely exhausted. Today had been her last day of that extra job, and somehow it had also been her hardest day. 

But now she had the money, and things would be back to normal. She'd just be working at the café after school. 

"Haknyeon!" she called, seeing him waiting for her outside school. He turned, a smile coming to his face when he saw her, and she ran towards him, collapsing into his arms when she got to him. 

"Hey, you okay?" he asked, his eyes full of worry as he held onto her. "You look exhausted." 

"I am," she said, leaning her head against his chest as she tried to catch her breath. "I have something to give you," she said after a moment, though she didn't move. She felt comfortable and safe and happy, with him holding her in his arms. 

It was moments like this that she thought she did like him. 

"What is it?" he asked, looking down at her curiously. 

Mikyung reached into her bag, pulling out an envelope and placing it in his hand. "The money you lent me, I'm paying it back." 

"Already?" he asked, his eyes widening as he took the envelope. His gaze fell on her again, concern in his eyes. "You... You didn't have to work that hard to get it to me this fast. Really, it was okay." 

"I want to pay you back as soon as possible," she mumbled into the fabric of his coat, wrapping her arms around his waist. "I thought if I paid you back it would be easier to figure out my feelings." 

Haknyeon laughed, playing with a strand of her hair. He pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "There's no rush for that either," he assured her. 

***

A/N 

Two chapters this week! ANDDDD I have enough pre-written chapters to update weekly now, so from now on updates will be every Friday. Maybe more😉