~ 35 ~

- one month later -

"I can't believe they'll be arriving tomorrow," Mikyung whispered, looking up at the stars. "Time flies." 

"Are you excited?" Haknyeon asked. When she turned to face him, she found that he wasn't looking at the stars. He was looking at her. 

Her heart skipped a beat, and she looked away. "I am. They're all fun." 

"Aren't I fun?" he whined, pouting at her. 

Mikyung laughed. "The most fun," she told him honestly. "I've had the best time," she admitted, moving closer to him. 

It was a perfect moment. Laying on a blanket on the grass, staring up at the stars. In the month that they'd spent together at the farm, they had a lot of perfect moments. Taking walks around the property. Feeding the animals. Learning to ride the horses. There were a lot of beautiful memories she would be taking home with her. 

And throughout it all, her feelings for him grew. She could understand why Seolhee and Sunwoo would announce their engagement so early despite not wanting to get married for years. 

He's mine, she wanted to tell the world. And I'm his.

But she hadn't told him any of that yet. In fact, neither of them had mentioned the topic of dating. For now, they were just enjoying each other's company. 

Still, being with him felt like being with a boyfriend, even if they didn't have the label yet. 

There had been a point in time where the label scared her. She hadn't felt ready for it. 

She was ready now.

"Haknyeon," she whispered, daring to peer up at him. Her heart was pounding in her chest, so loudly she was sure he would be able to hear it. 

"Yes?" he whispered back. 

She craned her neck, placing a hand on his cheek and pressing a kiss against his lips. "I want to be your girlfriend," she said softly. 

Haknyeon stared at her for a moment, his eyes wide. She could see the surprise and the happiness in them. She could also see the love. 

"I would be honored to be your boyfriend," he finally said, putting an arm around her waist and pulling her closer... kissing her back. 

- the end -