~ 24 ~

Seolhee sat lazily on the couch. Sunwoo's head was in her lap and her fingers were absentmindedly playing with his hair as she watched her friends. They were in Eric's game room, of course. They were almost always there. 

Eric and Hyunjun were playing board games together instead of doing homework, and Hyunjun was absolutely destroying him. It was really funny to watch Eric's expressions whenever his luck just continued to get worse. 

But the two people she couldn't stop watching were Mikyung and Haknyeon, who were sitting on the floor together in the far corner of the room, looking at the pictures they'd taken for their project and working on their scrapbook. 

"They're being so obvious," she sighed, glancing down at Sunwoo. "Honestly, they should just get together already." 

Sunwoo opened his eyes, looking up at her. "Wasn't it just last month that you told Haknyeon that she didn't like him? And now they're being obvious? What?" 

"That was last month," she said matter-of-factly. "But Mikyung has been looking at him differently lately," she pointed out. "Almost as if she's interested in him. I think she likes him now, too." 

"Then he should confess," Sunwoo said, turning so he could also watch the two of them. 

"He should," she agreed, watching Haknyeon and Mikyung with a smile on her face. She watched as they laughed and talked and looked at each other as though they were the only people on the planet. "Wow," she sighed. "They're making me feel so single." 

"Excuse me?" Sunwoo said, glaring up at her. "Your boyfriend is right here." 

Seolhee laughed, leaning down and pressing a kiss against his lips. "We should go on a date this weekend," she told him. 

"It's a deal." 

***

"I want to show this to my parents," Mikyung told Haknyeon as they sat on the floor of Eric's room together, working on the scrapbook. "I think they'll really like it. You wanna come with me tomorrow to show them?"

"Can I?"

She laughed, shaking her head at him. "Of course you can. If you don't, my parents will probably ask where you are," she teased. Haknyeon had been visiting her mom a lot lately. For the past few visits, it had been her, her father, and Haknyeon. And honestly, they felt like a perfect little family now.

Mikyung looked at Haknyeon as he carefully cut out their photos and glued them in the designated place in the scrapbook. Her heart swelled as she watched him.

She liked him.

The past few days, she'd known it with absolute certainty. She knew that she wanted him in her life forever. She started seriously thinking about her mom's son-in-law jokes, and couldn't help thinking that he really would be the best son-in-law.

"Haknyeon," she whispered, tapping his shoulder. "Can we go to the garden for a bit? I want to tell you something."

"Sure," he said, and they got up, grabbing their jackets and heading downstairs to the garden. It was late March now, and the snow had melted, revealing bits of green grass in the garden. Still, it was chilly, and she wrapped Haknyeon's scarf around herself.

"What did you want to talk about?" he asked when they got into the garden.

Mikyung looked down at her shoes, suddenly feeling nervous. For some reason, she'd assumed that confessing would be easy. After all, talking to him had always been easy.

But now she was nervous.

"Um..." she said, unable to look at him. She trailed off, and that ended up being all she said for a moment.

"What is it?" Haknyeon asked, laughing at her nervousness.

"Don't laugh at me!" she complained playfully, finally looking up at him. She took a deep breath. "You know how you said you liked me and wanted to go on cliché dates with me and stuff like that?" she asked, speaking so quickly that she was sure he wouldn't understand a word she said. But he did understand and he nodded, a tiny bit of hope flickering in his eyes.

"I like you," she finally said. "Haknyeon, I like you. I like you and... I want to have a cliché romance with you."

She watched his face light up. "Wait, what? Really?! You mean it!" he asked excitedly, bouncing up and down and the balls of his feet.

Mikyung laughed, wrapping her arms around him in a hug. "Really," she assured him.

He hugged her back. "I'm glad," he murmured, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

"But Haknyeon... I'm still not ready for a relationship. I like you, but the responsibility of being in an actual relationship... I'm not ready. I like things the way they are now-"

"I understand," he said gently, ruffling her hair and interrupting her rambling.

"Let's not rush things," he told her. "I like things the way they are now too." 

***

A/N 

Awww... it's about time😩😭