Jasper (11)

"I dare you to pretend you're modeling. With your shirt off," Luke said trying to hold back a laugh. He knows I hate being embarrassed. And that, would definitely embarrass the hell out of me. "Oh, and I forgot to add that you're modeling for a photo shoot, so we're gonna need to take pictures of you." Great, so the whole school will see my shirtless self by noon tomorrow.

"Fine," I replied, "But only three pictures are allowed, no more. And I'm just pretending I'm taking them for Instagram or something, maybe that way I'll be less humiliated." I reluctantly took my shirt off, and did as I said.

Pretending the pictures were for Instagram made me feel a fraction better. I knew they weren't, but instead for the schools' group hashtag, #claredares, which was created by a bunch of people to post videos and pictures of all the embarrassing dares people do at parties and gatherings. It's funny when it's others. Not me, though.

As I was doing the ridiculous poses, people were whistling and yelling things like, "Yeah, get into it, Hart!" and, "You can do better than that!" I was pretty sure I was about to explode.

Soon enough, the pictures were done, and I put my shirt back on as fast as humanly possible. Oh, what a night we will have.

~~~~~

After people were starting to go home, which was around 1:00 am, Luke decided to be nice and show me the pictures of my "modeling session." He also apologized for slightly humiliating me, and admitted he was trying to. He then pointed out I do the same thing to him however, so we called it even.

Looking at the photos, they actually did just look like Instagram, just maybe a bit...bolder than I would usually go. You could easily tell it was at a party, though. That's the main reason they look weird. We then posted each others' pictures to #claredares, him with my modeling, and me with him attempting a split and almost breaking his leg. Guess who gave him that one? Hint, it was after he told me to model.

Yeah. It was me. Sorry not sorry, popular guy.

Anyways, we walked to his house together, considering I was sleeping over there. When he told me he wasn't coming to the party, I was confused on wether or not I was still staying the night. He said I still was.

"Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell Levi you were staying over. I'll tell him when we get back. But if for some reason I forget to, just say you're sleeping there and add you'll be there Sunday also. We'll be getting ready for our double date with each other," he said wiggling his eyebrows. "Maya's really smart and nice, you're gonna love her. And I'm glad I finally found a a girl who wants me for me and not for my popularity."

"Yeah. I'll tell him if you forget. And I am glad about Maya. Brooke is really great too. I've known her for a little while. Her brother babysat me when I was younger, actually," I said with a laugh. Also, let's just make it known, yes, Maya's sweet and cool, but I'm done with dating. This will probably be my last one for quite a little while. I do feel bad for potentially leading her on, though.

"Her brother babysat you? Jeez. Was he at least nice?"

"Yeah. He was cool. His name is Connor."

"And uh...how recently was this?" He said with a small laugh.

"When I was nine."

"We'll that's an age difference if her brother was babysitting you when you were nine, then she was also nine, so how old was he?"

"Our age," I replied.

"He's eight years older than her?"

And that's what I love about Luke. We can talk about the most random shit ever and never get bored of each other. We can also talk to each other without getting any judgement, like some other guys might. We've been friends since childhood, and we never plan to break our friendship. Mostly because that would break us, also.