Chapter 4 (III): Weakness

The next morning, Katsumi woke up. She went to the lounge to check the time. The time was 7:00 am.

That's good. At least my internal clock is still in check.

She could feel her stomach grumbling already since she hadn't eaten anything since yesterday morning. Most of the other people had stayed in their rooms to conserve their energy.

What should I do today?

Free Time

Katsumi decided to go to Strawberry House to hang out with Nagito in Strawberry Tower.

It was nice, spending time with him. Despite the situation, he still seemed cheerful. Just talking casually with him had helped to temporarily alleviate Katsumi's worries.

"Hey, Komaeda-kun," Katsumi spoke up. "Um... do you have any pets?"

"Hm? Why are you asking that?" he asked.

"I mean... well... Isn't that a question people always ask when they want to know each other better?" she asked.

They always ask stuff like that in school when you introduce yourself...

"Ah... well... I... used to have a dog..."

"Really?" she said. "Well, that's one more thing I know about you... How was your dog?"

"He... was good. But, I mean..."

"What is it?"

"Well, he died a long time ago," he said. "...Vehicle accident."

...

"Oh." Katsumi looked down. "I..."

Her voice trailed off as she sat there, unsure of what to say.

"Haha! It's fine, Hirata-san! It wasn't that bad."

But his expression had a hint of sadness to it.

He must've been important to him...

Katsumi stared at the ground.

"Sorry for asking..."

"Like I said, it's fine!"

His... luck cycle... right?

No, it doesn't matter. I've already decided. It doesn't matter what happens. I won't just leave him to be all alone because of that. I... don't think I've been affected as much by it as he thinks.

After a few more hours of talking, they left to their respective rooms.

Hajime went to Katsumi's room and knocked. A few seconds later, she opened the door.

"Oh... hi Hinata-kun," Her voice was quieter than usual. "What do you think we should do?"

Hajime spent the rest of the day with Katsumi trying to relax and ease their minds in the lounge.

Free Time Event (Hope Fragment 6)

"Hey, Hinata-kun," Katsumi said blankly. "Do you remember how I said before that I haven't had friends in a long time?"

"I... think you mentioned that, yeah..." Hajime replied. "But if you said 'in a long time', that means you did have friends at a point in time, right?"