Chapter 5 (V̷I̷I̷): D̷̗̃i̸̹̋s̴̭̏c̸̢̎ȍ̵̱n̵̞͑n̵͕̕e̷͉̾c̴̲͝ṭ̸͂

Katsumi and the others went to their cottages, without any questions answered. When she arrived at her cottage, she just sat on the bed, her eyes staring forward and her mind blank.

How long did she stare? She wasn't sure, but after a while, she fell asleep without realizing it.

That morning, Katsumi woke up. Her eyes were dull.

What should I do?

...I should probably leave Hinata-kun alone for now though... He probably needs time to recover.

She went outside and aimlessly walked around the island for the entire day in circles. When the sun set, she went over to Chiaki's cottage.

If I confront it directly, I might be able to get over it...

She arrived at the door.

ụ̷̅p̸͈̈́ú̵̘ṗ̷͍0̸̙̅'̵͇͊&̸͔͘'̵̮̈&̴̼̂d̴̫̓ò̸͜w̴̯̾n̵͕͆d̴͔̍ö̷̟w̴̮̐ṅ̷̞*̷͓̎+̵̼͗=̵͙̓=̷͌͜^̷̯̒^̶̓͜l̵̞͂ȩ̸͒f̴͎̊t̸̝̅ṛ̶̓i̶̭̎ğ̶̜h̵͚̆t̷͕͒l̵̦̀ḙ̵͌f̷͉̋t̵̞̏ṙ̶̮ḯ̵̙g̴̭̑ȟ̶̤t̴̩̅ą̴̂b̶̝̂s̴̥͠t̴͔̏á̸͔r̴̩͛t̷̘̔:̶̯͗(̵̩̿s̴̮̕o̴̱̊r̴͔͋r̷̦͆y̵͓̓&̶̗̏'̴͎̍f̸̬͝%̴̬̚g̴̟͠ủ̶̥y̴̋͜ș̵̐*̸̧̈́&̴̺͝)̸̛͜d̷̹̅o̶͖͗n̸̦͛'̴̣̊t̴͓͆&̶̦̆l̴͚̀ơ̸͙š̶̭e̷͚̓

That's right... I've never actually seen her room before...

"Monokuma..." she mumbled.

He immediately showed up. "Hmmm...? What do you need?"

"Could you... open Nanami-san's cottage?"

"Hmmm... are you planning on sneaking in to steal something? Do naughty things?"

She wasn't taking in what he said at all. All she did was stand there with a vacant expression.

"Aw, man... I expected to get a reaction out of you, but I guess not." Monokuma sighed. "Is this the five stages of grief or something? ...Anyways, since you're the only one around, I'm too lazy for cool spell names. What should I say this time..."

He looked at the door.

"Um... open sesame?"

*Creak*

"Now the door's unlocked," he announced. "...Good luck on your endeavours!"

He disappeared.

Katsumi walked up to the unlocked door, entering the empty cottage.

It had a soft, pleasant aesthetic with salmon-coloured curtains. There were game consoles all over the place with a large gaming monitor in front. The corner of the room even had an arcade machine.

She didn't know what to feel.

...

"Nanami-san, did you know?" she mumbled. "I've... never played a single video game before coming to this island... Shame that the first one I played was that Twilight Syndrome Murder Case one from Monokuma..."