37

Countdown calendar : 9️⃣days

Emo's POV

"Tell me Emo , why does this happen to me?" I looked at Lady Ava who smacked her forehead on the table hardly and groaned for confusion and pain.

"Well , sorry but I have no idea too , my lady. Maybe SIR RHYS had a idea to this?" I increased my volume when I said 'Sir Rhys'. I still felt aggressive for him staring at my damn horns.

"Why did you call him Sir?" I shrugged , "I don't know , he's the prized student of Lady Grandma. Of course , he deserved the title of 'Sir'. There's no other reason." I said while walked to Ava with a comb in my grip.

"I have nothing to do with Bish , well except fighting with her back those days. What in the Daemos did I do to her?" She asked while turned her head and looked at me. "What I know was that Lady Bish hated anyone who's on her way to be Queen of Daemos. Does that lighten your mind up?"

"If there's a library where I could have most of my mind more lighten up , that would be heaven now." She said while get off her seat and looked out through the window.

Library? She mean?

I actually heard rumours of a library below the castle grounds where very specific books that not everyone could enter there. Rumours said it was cursed and only those who're worthy could enter. Which means Sir Rhys and Lady Grandma could enter there.

Maybe Lady Ava could enter...

But

I ain't think it's a good idea for this to happen. If Lady Grandma and Sir Rhys had found out everything , I'm sure fired. Besides , it's located at the deepest , darkest place in the palace grounds. Even I knew the location of the entrance , but I don't know if Lady Ava could survived from the panics.

"Sure I can! Let's go , Emo!" Lady Ava suddenly yelled and grabbed my hand , leading me out of her chamber.

"W-Where are we going , my lady?" I stuttered. "To the library , of course!" She said cheerily.

Did I actually said that aloud?

I immediately shook my head , getting that thought away from my head. She probably meant the royal library , right?

"Which library was it , my lady?" "The cursed library that you just mentioned , of course , silly! Come on , lead me there!" She said while pushed me in front of her and being all excited for this trip.

I did say it aloud... I thought while walking towards the entrance of the cursed library with my hand massaging the bridge of my nose.

Rhys's POV

Right I was figuring out the spell , a thought suddenly snapped into my head.

Wait... Doesn't the spell that I casted on Ava earlier should be deactivated several suns ago? Why there's no changes of her horns? Let's just say they will turn transparent to nothing within several degrees of the sun. And this should happen several suns ago!

I quickly stood up and ran to seek knowledge from Lady Grandma , hoping she had an answer to this.

"Rhys , my prized pupil , what's with the rush?" Lady Grandma questioned me in the altar. "Lady Grandma *inhale*It's Ava*exhale* For the fact,  I used the spell on her which was suppose to be deactivated several suns ago. Why there's no changes upon her?!"

"I don't know , it suppose to be reveal of her human being several suns. But surprisingly that doesn't happen upon her. Didn't she said anything about her past self back on Ear-th?" "Unfortunately , no , Lady Grandma." Lady Grandma stood there , zoning out for a second and said to me  "Perhaps there's someone behind this. Keep an eye on that , Rhys."