A F T E R M A T H

Lily

"Where the hell have you two been?" Alec says coming over to us

"Where I needed to be. Away from you and Lucas" Izzy says

"Jace and Clary are on the run. I can't protect you two if you don't tell me the truth"

"I don't need protecting Alec. Meliorn is alive. That's all that matters" she says before walking away

"Just answer me this" Alec says turning to me, "was there any way that Raj could have seen you?"

"I don't know Alec" I whisper

"I'm sorry" Lucas says coming over to Alec and I

"What for?"

"Lilyrose Herondale, by order of the clave you're under arrest for high treason"

"What! On what grounds?" Alec snaps

"Only a handful of people knew about the Meliorn op"

"And everyone knows your parabatai is sleeping with him-"

"Raj that's enough" Lucas snarls

"You know what Lucas. Your no better than Valentine. But at least he had the guts to tell down worlders to their faces he wanted them all dead" I smirk, "you? You hide behind the law"

"I don't hide behind it Lily I simply follow it. Because it guards against one very important thing, shadow hunters fighting other shadow hunters"

"If she's convicted she'll be stripped of her runes and exiled. I can't let that-"

"Don't Alec. It's not your fight" I say as Raj pulls me to my room

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Alec

"Lucas can we talk" I say as I head over to him in the training room, "she thought she was stopping a war with the down world-"

"Well she wasn't wrong but I had orders" he says

"Yeah and I understand that better than anyone. But I can't let Lily be exiled for this"

"I'm the eyes of the clave she's guilty. I mean how do you propose we get around that?"

"I may have something that the clave wants" welp here goes nothing, "I can give them the mortal cup"

"Alec you have it? Why didn't you tell me before?" He gasps

"I promised Jace and- and there's this thing with Clary-"

"It's okay i get it he's your parabatai"

"I'm gonna trade the cup for Lily's freedom. Do you think the clave would go for it?"

"To keep the cup out of valentines hands they'll do anything. Where is it?"

I walk over to my safe, activating the unlock rune on top and wait for it to open.

"Jace" I growl, "it's gone"

I'm going to kill him.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Lily

I've been sat in my room alone for what feels like forever, that is until I hear the door open and in walks Alec.

"Keep it short" I hear Raj say