CHAPTER 52

Friday 11:00 am

"Bode, do you think we can carry out a test or something to verify if Salamat is truly a virgin or not?" The D.P.O inquired, with curiosity.

Bode snickered. "You want me to have sex with her?" He requested with humor.

"Shut up", the D.P.O ordered and chuckled lightly. "You know that's not what I mean."

"What then do you mean?" He asked smirking.

"I want to know if she is lying or not. That is the only thing that can save her from all these. If it's possible to find out about the reality of her virginity, that alone is a proof of her innocence."

"I think it's possible. My wife is a nurse. I will ask her about it when I get home and give you feedback tomorrow" he replied, with all seriousness, and stood up to go out.

Bode abruptly whirled round and strode towards the D.P.O. He laid his hands on his table as he peered at him and asked, "If she is not a virgin, does that mean she is the killer?"

"Possibly." The D.P.O answered with a shrug.

"Hmmm", Bode sighed and turned around, walking towards the door.

"Why do you say you don't believe she is a virgin. Is there something you know that you aren't saying?" The question stopped Bode from going out as he rested his hand on the doorknob.

"Nothing", He muttered, without looking back as he went out of the office, slamming the door shut behind him.

*****

"Good morning, sir", Sam saluted, immediately he entered the D.P.O's office.

"Good morning Sam, I heard you found something intriguing today."

"Yes, sir."

"What is it?" The D.P.O asked, adjusting some files on the cupboard.

"It's a camera, sir", Sam muttered.

"A camera?" The D.P.O questioned dropping the files in the hand.

"Yes, sir. We found a camera in Bimpe's apartment.

*****
"Detective, Raliat has been found", An officer burst into Bode's office, immediately he got back from the D.P.O's office.

"Really? Where is she?" He asked standing up with eagerness.

"She is in Kaduna", he responded.

"Kaduna?" He questioned with a furrowed brow.

"Yes sir."

"Have you informed the D.P.O?"

"He's not in the office. That's why I came here." The policeman answered.

"Has she been arrested?"

"No."

"How and where did you get this information from?" He demanded, moving towards him

"We got the information from Habib."

"Habib? Who is he?"

"He came from Abeokuta."

"To do what?"

"I don't know. He came to the front counter asking of Salamat when he saw the picture of Raliat that I was instructed to paste outside the station. He moved towards me and asked me why we were looking for her. I asked if he knows her and he said he saw her in Kaduna on his way to Zaria. She was wearing a niqab. He asked her for directions to Zaria park and she raised the niqab, giving him a view of her face as she directed him to cross to the other side of the lane and enter the garage."

"Hmmm. So she is hiding in Kaduna? Is Kabir still in Kaduna?"

"Yes, sir. He is in the police college."

"Get me his number quick. I need to give him a call" he said going back to his seat.

"Yes, sir", the police uttered, moving towards the door.

"Direct the boy, Habib to my office," Bode instructed.

"Ok, sir."

*****
"Ade and his daughter have done more than enough harm to my family. First, it was Ayoade and now Bimpe. Imagine the way she disfigured my daughter's face. She won't go scot-free. I'll ignore the fact that my father and his father were best of friends", brother Jamiu lamented as he paced up and down the reception of the hospital.

Their daughter was rushed back to the University Teaching Hospital with the police van. Bimpe's father was still lamenting as his wife ignored him when the doctor approached.

His wife saw the doctor and hastily stoop up to meet him halfway, impatiently.

The doctor's face was expressionless and she became more worried.

"Doctor, how is my daughter doing?" She asked with concern.

"Can I see you two in my office?" The doctor requested.

"Is everything ok?" The woman asked again.

"Your daughter is ok madam, you and your husband should come with me", the doctor uttered without a smile and turned to go back the way he came.

Bimpe's mother stared at her husband who has suddenly gone quiet, hissed, and quickly followed the doctor. She entered the doctor's office and settled down opposite the doctor, already anticipating what news the doctor was about to break.

Her husband entered afterward and the doctor cleared his throat. "Mr. and Mrs. Jamiu, right?"

"Yes, sir", they both chorused.

"Is your daughter, Bimpe married or in a relationship?"

"No" the father answered with confidence. "She is neither married nor in a relationship."

His wife glared at him and retorted. "How sure are you that she is not in a relationship? How will you even know when you are too uptight and strict with your children? There is no way they can open up to you about their personal life. All you do is to try and force your decisions on them."

"What are you saying?"

"Is that not the truth? You are too selfish." She insulted.

"Madam, this is not the time to banter words with your husband. Your daughter needs your emotional support now more than ever." The doctor counseled.

The two couples glaring at each other became alarmed at the doctor's statement. "What happened to my daughter, doctor?" Bimpe's mother asked, dropping her handbag on the floor, preparing to scream her lungs out if it was bad news.

"Your daughter is pregnant", the doctor finally disclosed.

"What?" The father exclaimed in shock. "Pregnant?" He asked again.

"Yes. A week old."

********

Thanks for the support all the way. Jazakumullahu khayran.....

For the members of Virtuous Muslim Forum, kindly go through the other chapters that you have read on the VMFFacebookk group, and please vote for the chapter.

Your votes will go a long way. May Allah reward you all.❤💖

Any prediction? I love it when readers predict rightly. Oya give it a trial😃