Chapter 2

After father removed the obsidian chains, my knees buckled  from the amount of exhaustion and pain I felt radiating in my body

Father quickly dropped the chains and held me, throwing my arm around his shoulders and wrapping his arm around my waist so he could support my weight.

He grunted from the sudden weight of my body. "Let's clean you up son, we can discuss more when you feel better."

We started walking up the stairs towards my room."Just so you know, I am very proud of you, you survived an unbearable amount of pain and came out unscathed , well you know almost unscathed if you ignore the wounds given by the chains."he chuckled neverously.

He opened the door, and settled me on the bed and went to get something, I tried to lean on the bed post but I couldn't move without causing more pain.

He came back with a bowl of water and a wash cloth, some grey coloured cream, some leaves and white bandages ."I am gonna clean your wounds so they don't get infected."

I just nodded because my throat hurt after screaming and yelling for hours and I didn't want to talk to him until he gave me an explanation.

He started cleaning my wounds and I couldn't help but flinch or wince everytime he ran the warm cloth over my wounds.
"I am gonna apply the salve and the beetle leaves on them so they would heal quickly and not get stuck to the bandages."

As soon as he started applying the salve my body tensed and I bit on my tongue to stop myself from yelling out in pain, he soon started to gently place the beetle leaves on the salve covered wounds and wrapped them  tightly with the white bandages.

I was panting by the time he had finished wrapping the bandages around me. He propped me up on some pillows making me lean on the bed post.

After that he left the room and came back with a cup of water and a bowl of steaming soup, "I have put some medicinal herbs in the soup, it will help you recover faster." He gave me the bowl of soup and kept the cup of water on the nightstand.

I took the bowl from his hands and took a sip of the soup and immediately started coughing at the bitter taste of the soup, he handed me the cup of water which I took a sip from to stop the coughing fit.

I opened my mouth to tell him that I didn't want the soup but he immediately stopped me, "No, you are finishing the soup whether you willingly drink it or I have to force it down your throat".

I shut my mouth and immediately started drinking the bitter soup, after finishing the soup I quickly chugged the rest of the water to wash down the taste of the soup.

He took the cup and bowl from me and placed it on the table. He helped me lie down and pulled the duvet upto my chest. He dragged a chair near my bed that was sitting across the room and heavily sat down on it and released a tired sigh, that's when I noticed the dark purple bags underneath his eyes and his sickly thin figure.

"The Dante family has always been responsible for protecting and advising the Prowess, we were not only the most respected but also one of the most powerful nobles not only in Gigantus tribe but also in Ominium but we were no match to the council,

It had never posed as a problem or threat as they were all leaders of their tribes and were smart, loyal and well
respected but two hundred years ago when the rogue war had commenced something terrible had happened on that battlefield because after the war was won all the council members came back but the Prowess was no where to be seen, it was as if she didn't exist,

The people asked them about her and the council replied with stone cold eyes that she had left.

When the people started to yell and shout at them but it was pointless. They ordered each and everyone present to never ask any questions regarding her and if they defied their orders they would be severely punished.

Only a few tried to speak but they were whipped five times for each word. So the people stopped asking questions.

Soon after The Rogue War, Kallexi was built, each council member helped in the  building and construction of the now beautiful city.

It is said that the magnificent and beautiful statues at the town's square were built and placed by the members themselves. 

The people were troubled by the fact that their Prowess had left them, they just couldn't believe that the 18 year old girl who fought side by side with them and won the battle had left them.

So they started writing about her courage, her valour, her power and how she was a force to reckon with on the battlefield, soon her life story started to spread to Other Worlds and people of different Worlds and dimensions started to visit Ominium to see the glorious kingdom.  "

I was in shock cause how could we be her Protectors, how was I supposed to protect someone I have only heard about, what had happened to the Council who were always just and fair and why had our Prowess left.

"I see you have lot of questions. ",He said.

I voiced my thoughts."How can I protect someone who has left us?"
I was genuinely confused.

"It is said that after a year of the Prowess's disappearance the spirit of life sang a prophecy in the ears of the Council."

"A prophecy!?", I was surprised that the spirit of life would sing a prophecy.

"Yes, a prophecy it is said that who ever cracks the riddles in the prophecy, they would be able to find the Prowess."

"What is the prophecy?!" I was eager to know about it as I have heard that the spirit of life is never wrong and it is punishable by law to say that the spirit has mistaken.

He looked out the window at the stary sky and sighed,
"Tomorrow I'll tell you about it. Tomorrow you'll know your true path. Till then you have to recover so rest." And with that he left the room muttering a spell and it was dark.

I was already exhausted but thoughts about the Prowess ran in my mind and with that I fell into a deep sleep my last thought being ' I hope she is safe.'

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
Hi guys,
I hope y'all are liking the story.
Pls do tell me if I have made any mistakes.
Vote and Comment.
Yours truly,
R.