Chapter 7

I felt like I was floating, I looked around to see that I was surrounded by darkness, infinite darkness

I felt like I was floating, I looked around to see that I was surrounded by darkness, infinite darkness. I was confused as to where I was, last I remembered was the Alpha Rogue exiting my cell after whipping me, strangely I could see the wounds and scars but I felt no pain.

I was brought out of my observation when I saw a small orb of light floating at a distance from where I stood. I looked around once again and started walking towards the orb as I got closer to it, I realized it was not an orb but an exit. I ran towards it, as I reached the now huge glowing white archway, I contemplated on crossing through it or not. Seeing that I had nowhere else to go I took a deep breath and walked through the archway.

As I passed through, I felt a welcoming warmth caress my skin, my mind felt serene, it felt as if I had taken a breath of fresh air, It felt like ancient magic. I was momentarily blinded by the intensity of the light, as I regained my sight I was astonished by the beauty of the place.

The grass was crisp and humid with dew drops, flowers of different kind, ran through the lands undisturbed, trees tall and broad with bark silver and gold and leaves of different colors, none were green. Ponds with water lilies of different kind and animals roamed around.

As I walked further I noticed a woman with hair as brown as the healthiest bark of a tree, her hair was so long that it went beyond her feet and trailed behind her like a cape when she walked.

As if she felt my eyes on her she turned towards me I was stunned by the beauty and grace she exuded, her eyes were as green as the leaves on a fine spring day. She wore a light sky blue gown and a golden crown adorned her temple.

"Well look who it is, Vincenzo Raul Dante, Son of Roberto Nico Dante. I have been waiting for you." She spoke in a calm and powerful voice.

Nobody knew that the Dante family had survived the Rogue War, as the nobles of many species were killed and their blood lines were terminated during that period.

Only six noble bloodlines had survived- The Drams, The Hexxs, The Vinates, The Rems, The Girales, and The Dantes.- No one knew that the Dantes had survived because there had been no sighting of them. But the Council never doubted that they were alive, the proof provided to the people was that their bodies were never found.

"I..Yes..Who are you!? How do you know my Father!? How do you know me?!". I took a defensive stance. She smiled and it calmed me down a bit.
"Be at ease dear, you're as much of a son to me as is your Father. " I was still confused "Grandmother?!". She was amused after I called her that. She slowly walked towards me, "No dear, I am the Spirit of Life."

"Oh! You are the Spirit Of Life.", As soon as my brain registered her identity I yelled, "WHAT!? THE SPIRIT OF WHAT?!" she winced at my tone and calmly said "Life, dear".

I got down on my knees a fist above my heart and my head down "I apologize your grace for not recognizing your power.", She smiled down at me and patted my head. "Oh hush now I want none of that from you, that title is for El, you can call me Vita."

I stood back up again, towering over her form, I was curious now, "Who is El?!"

She smirked at me. " El is like a daughter to me, haven't seen her in two hundred years, El is Eleonora, your Prowess.", I blushed at her words.

"Wait! You have met her." She nodded "Now we will talk about that later, What have you discovered from the prophecy. I need you to tell me every detail."

We sat on a bench near one of the ponds. I closed my eyes and recollected everything I learnt about the prophecy.

"To free her I need to have the exact spell that was casted upon her which is believed to be lost and dead with the previous Council but there is a Spirit Tree on Tenebris where I might find the spell. The rest that I learnt only pains my heart, mind and soul."

I stopped speaking as soon as a lump formed in my throat, she looked at me with a sad smile and asked me to continue. "The spell was made such that, she will be stripped of her powers and will be forced to go through mental and physical torture. It will be like her own personal hell." I could not control the tears that flowed down my face. .

She kept a hand on my head and brushed my tears away. "It was her choice, Nothing in this world comes without price.

Before she had killed the Alpha Rogue, I had visited her, to tell her what the future held, you see I can see the past, present and future, and what I saw in the future made me realize that she would be needed in the future, but she was a human and she would have aged and died, so she decided to go under crutiata infernum also known as torture hell. She knew that time flowed differently in Crutiata, so she decided to go through with the torture, she thought that it would be the price she would have to pay for the extension of her life. But she didn't know a very crucial rule about crutiata infernum. Crutiata infernum was performed on superno creaturae (supernatural creatures). She might be a Prowess but she was still human.

Those who had performed the most heinous crimes are sent there as the cruel tortures and punishments were what was worth their actions. The punishments and tortures are so cruel that nobody has survived through them, they have broken their will and power, reducing them to mere humans. But her being a human soul would make her punishments worse. "

I was horrified, "You are telling me that for the past two hundred years she has been in crutiata infernum." She nodded . "She has proved herself worthy in the Eyes of Fate. She has been gifted with what you have been gifted with."

"I was gifted?! When?! And what?! Why was I gifted?!"

She looked at me surprised. "You do not know that you have been gifted, Erebros mulitibren was supposed to be painless for your soul if you were a tainted soul, you proved you were a pure soul by going through the pain and torture of the process, in the Eyes of Fate you proved you were truly worthy, by making the Imperium Vow, you proved your worth, power, loyalty, courage by making that Vow for your Prowess."

"Why such a longtime for her, why is she being tortured mentally and physically for such a long time."

She had far off look in her eyes, "With power comes price, She is the strongest being in the universe , it had to come with a price, you are, as your Father said second to only the Prowess in the entire universe. You didn't so there were more chances for you to give up during the process, but you didn't. I am curious why did you never give up."

My ears had started to turn red as well my face, "Well the truth is I..I.. My heart would break every time I thought of giving up so I never did."

We were quite for a few moments "Well what have we been gifted by Fate."

She took a deep breath and looked me in the eye and said something that had my ears ringing and my breath halting,

" Eleonora Ambrosius and Vincenzo Raul Dante, you both have been gifted immortality."

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
Hi guys,
Today is my birthday,
So I decided to write and upload another chapter,
Hope y'all are enjoying the story,
Vote and Comment.
Yours truly,
R.