Chapter 24

" No!! Why did you have to leave us !?!

Why did you save us?!?

You should have left us to die!!!

It would have been better to stay as slaves to the rogues than be under your truant rule!!

We do not accept you as our Queen!!

You do not deserve to be called a Prowess!!

You are a craven queen!! A fucking coward!!"

I woke up with a scream lodged in my throat ready to escape the confines of my mouth. I swallowed down the scream and soon came to the realization that I had lit my room on fire again. I released a sigh and quickly put the fire out by pulling away the air around it suffocating it till it died. The room had magic of its own so I knew that it would look as good as new in a few minutes. It seemed that I had fallen asleep for a few hours after another exhausting day.

I stretched for a bit releasing a few knots that had formed because of the manual labor I had done today. I had been wearing my training garbs which consisted of leather pants with lace-up boots that were usually worn by the female warriors, a loose tunic with a corset, and a black robe. My crown sat high on my head resting on my hair which had been put up in a braided bun. My Handmaiden, Mrs. Debora Smith, had been kind enough to offer them to me after I had torn one of the gowns while working with the warriors.

I knew I had to eat before I went about with my plans for tonight. I freshened up and headed to the dining hall hoping that Mrs. Dee wouldn't catch me before I reached it. I had already troubled her enough by forgetting to wear my crown before I left the room. She had run all the way down to my office with Alec and Benjamin who were carrying my crown and had lectured me on why I shouldn't forget to wear my crown and how it was proof of my power.

It had been six months since I broke free of the Crutia spell. Releasing myself from the grips of the spell had not been an easy feat, but I had more or less done it, even though I was still half-trapped.

It had now turned into a daily occurrence over the past few months. The maltreatment of my kingdom. The screams, cries, anger, pain, fear, horror, and sorrow. It ate away my heart leaving a gaping wound that constantly let out the flow of my own anguish. They came as dreams each one worse than the one before. Each one felt more real. Today after I woke up I could still feel and taste their misery, their pique.

After being powerless for 200 years, my body had been slowly retaining itself trying to come back to the state I was in before I came into Crutiata. After long, tiring, and strenuous training of three months, I had acquired the level of powers I had when I had fought with the Alpha Rogue in the Rogue War and I had thought that, this was the end of it that I had healed but Goddess I couldn't have been more wrong.

My powers had started to shift, to blend. New abilities I never possessed came to life and mended themselves to my very core. Each new skill, ability that I would discover would settle in my soul just as though it were supposed to be there as they had just been hidden away. I could feel myself being overwhelmed with new powers I had never used.