Chapter 27

Two months ago when Mikeal and I were in Tenebris, we learned a lot about the History of the palace as well as the History of Ominium itself

Two months ago when Mikeal and I were in Tenebris, we learned a lot about the History of the palace as well as the History of Ominium itself. It seemed that around a millennia ago the palace used to be the residence of Goddess Vita. She had planted the Seed of Life within the palace so it could grow and connect the lives and fates of the people of Ominium to her. The palace and city used to be the resting place for wandering spirits and souls that were unable to cross over.

But during the Rogue War, the Alpha Rogue had stolen all and every single soul present on the island and had forced them into bodies of rotten corpses so that they could be controlled effortlessly. The Council had thought that the Alpha Rogue had accomplished such a terrifying feat.

This was one of the ways the Alpha Rogue had been able to increase his numbers. He had thought that the increase in numbers would give him an upper hand in the war but the Council had been smarter and faster as they had begun recruiting beings from other realms.

The discovery of the Prowess had been the upper hand they had required to win the war. The Prowess had won the war with her wit, strength and power. She had not only banded together different species and beings that had been recruited but had also been successful in gaining their respect and trust. Her presence brought about a catastrophic change in Ominium. The people who fought the war with her not only settled in Ominium but also dedicated their lives into recording every moment they had spent with her during the war.

Earlier before the arrival of the Prowess, Ominium was ranked as one of the lowest realms that existed in the universe but after her arrival Ominium started developing itself in ways that had never been possible. Infrastructure, Fauna, Flora, Trade, Magic. It felt as if someone had suddenly breathed life into Ominium and its people.

Even after her disappearance, Ominium grew to such great heights that its Realm Rank had been renamed to one of Realm of Realms. Trade had grown and developed. Life had flourished. High-ranks from different realms had begun to visit Ominium. Beings from all around journeyed to learn about the Rogue War and to see the realm of the Great Prowess.

This was one of the reasons why Kallexi was so heavily guarded. It was nearly impossible to strike an attack on the colossal merchant city as high above in the frigid sky, the floating islands of Ominium housed the Kingdom of Draco Tonitrua. The dragons that resided on these islands were capable of turning cities as big as Kallexi to ash. The Warriors of the Council Guard were no less of a threat.

The Council Guard consisted of powerful warriors of all kinds. Each warrior of the Guard had the capability to fight an entire army of rogues. The Council Guard were responsible to maintain the peace in Kallexi. They made sure that merchants followed the laws abided to them as well as looked out for any kind of trickery that might have slipped through. The Laws of Kallexi were far more rigid when compared to the laws abided to other cities. This was so as Kallexi was also used to house High-ranks that visited from other realms to meet the Council.