Chapter 29

"We hope you have a good night's rest, Your Majesty

"We hope you have a good night's rest, Your Majesty." Jackson said as we exited the Council room where I informed them about my time in Cruciata and they informed me of the changes that took place after my imprisonment.

"Thank you Jackson, I wish the same for you as well." I walked down the hallway towards the staircase that led me to my abode. The South Gate of Kallexi was an incredible palace constructed to host and house royal guests from other realms that had come to visit Ominium.

The plans I had put into place in the hands of the previous council had not only been successfully completed but had been executed in such an exquisite manner that beings from different realms came to Ominium to witness the magnificence of the kingdom. The merchant city was continental in size and the buzzing of the city didn't come to halt even after the sun set.

I felt pride, joy and happiness bursting out of me as I witnessed the worth of me going through Cruciata Infernum. I climbed the stairs to the top most floor of the palace, walking briskly towards the two doors at the end of the hallway.

The doors of fragrant oak were closed shut with locking spells preventing anyone from entering the room. One of them led to my room and the other to his, it had been three days since he had fallen asleep.

The scent of rich pine drifted down the hallway pulling me towards his door, inviting me. I weakly put my hand down onto the handle of his door and pushed it open. I hesitated for a second before i slipped inside the room letting the door fall shut behind me with a small click.
The room was saturated with the scent of pine hidden with a hint of blood.

I walked further into his room which had a similar layout as my own room. His bedroom was blanketed in darkness the only light that was present in the room was the moonlight.

A strip of light shown from the wide glass windows on his body. My dreams didn't do justice to his utter beauty and magnificence. His torso was covered with bandages. He slept fitfully his head twisting and turning.

I crept closer to his bedside sitting on the armchair that I had placed during my visits. A sheen of sweat covered his body slightly drenching the bandages. The raven curls of his hair were stuck to his forehead, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips set in a grim line.

I placed my hand on his torso feeling the pounding of his heart underneath my palm. I could feel his powers slumbering beneath the surface of his skin waiting to burst out.

I moved forward placing my hand on his clammy forehead when a large hand clamped onto my wrist encircling it completely.

"S-stop it...please. I..", The grip on my wrist tightened as if in fear that I would leave. I slowly took hold of his other hand and placed it palm flat on my torso letting him feel the fluttering beat of my heart.

"Shhh... I'm right here. I'm right here besides you cicaro." The grip on my wrist tightened and suddenly I was pulled onto the bed till I was lying over his body, staring into glowing lilac eyes that after a moment widened at the sight of my face over his.