Chapter 14

The breakfast hall was filled with the delicious aroma of freshly baked goods

The breakfast hall was filled with the delicious aroma of freshly baked goods. There were long rows of tables with double-sided sitting arrangement in the hall. The long tables were occupied by the Kveros, Warriors, and Soldiers. The tables were filled with pastries, fruits, bread, eggs, and meat, and each plate filled to the brim with the much-needed fuel for their busy day. The hall was filled with chatter and laughter. 

At the front of the room on a raised platform, there was a semicircular table made from the reddish-brown barks of the mahogany trees that grew in cruciata. The high-ranks and the union members sit on this table. Previously, Leader Krugon and Kveros Juliana along with the union members used to sit on this table. 

The table used to have eight identical heavy mahogany chairs but recently two chairs at the very centre had been replaced with two throne-like chairs, both chairs were identical except one of them had more intricate carvings and had a crown carved at the very top of its backrest.

The Union members had already been seated at the table and were waiting for their new Infero. They had called for Leader Krugon who had been absent for most of the day after he had escorted the Prowess to her abode but they had received news later on that he had gone to the city market and had not reported to them even after he had returned. 

The Union consisted of six members:

Atticus Amadeus: He is the oldest member and the most knowledgeable as well, can control earth elements.

Aurelia Silvanus: She is the second oldest member. She is calm and gentle. She has control over the animal's life.

Valentina Afra: She is the third oldest member. She is energetic and ferocious. She can feel bonds and perform spells.

Lucius Evander: He is the third youngest member. He is stoic and calm. He has control over wind and light elements.

Magnus Vulcun: He is the second youngest member. He is unfortunately a hot-head and gets angry at petty things. He has control over the fire element.

Octavia Beatrix: She is the youngest member of the Union. She is always serious and stoic. She is a prophet( can see the future). She has control over the water elements.

The massive doors of the hall had been swung open after the food had been set on the tables The entrance of the hall was at one end whereas the high-rank table was at the very end of the hall. The tables were placed at a distance and had sufficient space for one to walk from one end to the other.

One of the warriors standing guard at the doors soon came running into the hall and went straight to the high-rank table. "She what!?!", Magnus stood and yelled making the heavy oak chair he was sitting on tilt and fall to the floor with a loud thud, soon the laughter and chatter subsided all eager to know what was being told to the Union.