Chapter 18

I had begun my journey towards the shores of the Black Sea as soon as the first rays of the sun hit the earth

I had begun my journey towards the shores of the Black Sea as soon as the first rays of the sun hit the earth. My wolf had started to feel restless, so I decided to let him out. Inky black fur burst forth from my skin, bones and muscles shifted, elongated and strengthened. My vision cleared even more. My wolf and other forms had unique markings that signified and confirmed me as The Protector. My golden marks had been concealed so that they do not attract unwanted attention.

The forest surrounding my vast territory was magical in nature, it had the power and ability to camouflage my pack from unwanted visitors. My 8 feet tall self had been running through the forest leaving not a trace behind to keep my existence a secret. After the fight of dominance I had felt my power and magic increase exponentially. I could feel the thrum of my magic expand looking out for the beings that were in the forest. 

I had been traveling all morning and had decided to take a small break to have a meal and energize myself for the journey ahead. I shifted back into my human form my clothes unharmed from the shift. I had realized early on that my magic prevented my clothes from disintegrating whenever I shifted. 

To reach the coast itself I would have to hike and travel around the high grounds around Kallexi to not raise suspicion of my presence. Kallexi was surrounded by a magical barrier that would keep the residents safe from danger as well as preserve the work of their ancestors. 

The floating islands that make Draco Tonitrua were mountains and valleys which were heaved from these lands, which created a huge crater. Kallexi was built in this crater. If you were to peer into the city from the high grounds to see the activities in the city, it would be impossible as the barrier that protected Kallexi prevented visibility into the city.

I had started to hike and run with the help of my vampire counterpart. I had easily sensed the small group of rouges and had thought that they would not hear or scent me, but I was proven wrong when two rouges pounced out and tried to ram into me to break my run, I swiftly dodged them and ran out into a clearing. I was still in my human form, I knew I could not shift so close to Kallexi, for there were chances of my presence being discovered by The Council.

I stood in the center of the clearing in a defensive stance. I spread my senses to realize that there were fifteen rouges, seven were hybrids of weres and vampires, five were hybrids of fairies and elves, and two were giants. The giants had just turned rouge and had yet to have a fight of dominance to gain hybrid status. Surprisingly the last one was a tribrid of a were, vampire, and a giant.

They had surrounded me leaving me no way to run or escape from, not that I was planning to.

It was the tribrid who spoke first, "Who are you!?", I looked in his direction still keeping an eye on the other fourteen rogues, "My name is Raul, I am a trader for medicinal herbs. ".

I knew from the way he looked at my attire that he was skeptical about my answer, "Then why are you outside of Kallexi? Shouldn't you be selling your goods in the city?"