Chapter 8

She looked me in the eyes and said" Eleonora Ambrosius and Vincenzo Raul Dante, you both have been gifted immortality

" Eleonora Ambrosius and Vincenzo Raul Dante, you both have been gifted immortality."

My ears had started to ring and I felt as if the last of my breath was snatched out of my lungs. Through the haze of my panic, I felt a warm hand on top of my head and it jolted me out of my haze of panic, "Breath, Dante Breath."

I stilled and took a deep breath, I felt air rushing into my lungs releasing the agonizing pressure in my head. I took a few minutes to compose myself. "Im.. Immortality?!" I managed to whisper out.

"Both of you have gained the gift from Fate himself. You went through enough pain and torture that could bring the Gods to their knees."

"What about the Prowess?!", I asked her, after what she said registered to me.

She had sadness, pride and defeat in her eyes, " During the Rogue War, El was going through the map of dimensions, to figure out a way too keep her people safe, at that time the kingdoms and cities that stand tall today did not exist, there were no walls or forests or shields to protect the people of Ominium. The Kingdom looked as if it consisted of palaces for the royal and noble, while the people lived in houses with crumbling walls and tattered roofs.

She had asked for help and support from the neighboring dimensions but the kings at the time were too proud and egoistic than the kings today, so she decided to use her own reserve of magic and power to create protection from all kinds of evil.

With the help of Ancient magic, she was able to merge her blood with mana stones (mana stones- are stones which can store high levels of magic, power and energy) and form protective charms. She was able to form seven protective charms.

I was shell shocked, "Ancient magic?! How is that even possible?! And seven protective charms?! She would have been drained from the amount of magic she might have had to use."

She grimaced at my statement, "Everyone has a small amount of ancient magic in them, for some it comes readily, but for others it takes them decades to master their powers. She was one to whom the Ancient magic came readily, as if it were under her command, in all my life I have not seen someone command magic the way she did.

After creating the charms she gave a  charm to each council member and kept one for herself. She had given them in a box with a letter in it, they were ordered to open the boxes and letters when the time was right.

When I had come to her telling her about the great evil that they would encounter ahead in the future, she had told me about the charms and that day she had gained my respect and blessings for her to be victorious.

What I didn't know was that the darkness I had seen had already given a glimpse of itself to El, when she was fighting the Alpha Rogue. All her war plans, fights, weaknesses were known to the Alpha Rogue, what people didn't know was that, she could tap into minds and find out your darkest secret, that was one of her hidden powers, nobody knew of this power except for her and me.