Chapter 16

A deafening roar shook the arena, striking fear and terror into every soul present in the arena

Before the Alpha could turn to see what had shook him to his core, the sound of bones cracking and harsh breathes rang through the arena. Anticipation clawed at their minds waiting for the dust to settle, to see what had caused the sting of fear in their hearts and the terror in their soul.

There he stood the prisoner of the Alpha with fur as dark as the abyss of hell with golden symbols marked upon him. He had glowing ruby red eyes and fangs as sharp as polished crystals. Shadows clung to him as if they were forming a coat, his lips were curled up into a snarl. He tore away the silver chains as if they were nothing but ropes.

The Symbols that were etched on his obsidian coat made the rogues gasp, knowing that the rumors were true and that the 7 foot tall wolf was a Dante, nonetheless a Noble, he was the wolf second only to the Prowess

The Symbols that were etched on his obsidian coat made the rogues gasp, knowing that the rumors were true and that the 7 foot tall wolf was a Dante, nonetheless a Noble, he was the wolf second only to the Prowess. He was the Protector of the Prowess.

The Alpha had terror seizing his mind as he recognized the wolf before him. He had made  a grievous mistake of assuming that he was a mere son of a weak noble. He quickly masked his fear with anger and shifted into his blonde wolf.

There the Fight of Dominance began.

The fight of dominance is when two opponents test their power and authority. Making the being who won have power over their soul. It is also used to give out ranks and titles. There are three phases in the fight.

Phase 1: Aura. The true dominance of the being is tested by casting their aura which would effect the naturally lower ranks. The one successful in making others submit to them is the one who wins the round. While the other loses it.

Phase 2: Fight. Both the opponents battle each other. If the battle is for distribution of ranks then the battle ends when one submits. But if the battle commences on the grounds of a challenge the battle ends when one of the two submit with the price of their life, that is death by battle.

Phase 3: Accept. The winner of the fight or battle. Stands before the people they are gonna serve and allow themselves to be evaluated and accepted into the rank they deserve. Completing and closing the fight of dominance.

The Alpha started releasing his aura in full force making the rogues present bow their heads. He felt smug knowing that the noble cannot have the full effect of his aura until he was crowned. Little did the Alpha know that he didn't need to be crowned to show how powerful he was thanks to his father's work.

The obsidian wolf snarled before slowly releasing his aura upon the rogues present, the rogues present couldn't handle the power and authority the wolf had and fell down on their knees. The wolf stopped releasing his aura not wanting to hurt innocent people.

The Alpha was furious, he lunged at him. Not giving him a chance to retract his aura. But that didn't matter as his aura snapped back to him releasing the rogues from the burden and weight of his power, while he side stepped the attack making the Alpha slide out from beside him.

The Alpha was blinded by rage, and started a series of attacks, slashing the Wolf's coat, his muzzle, biting down on his shoulders, he was shook off from the wolf with a loud growl as mighty jaws came down on his feet and threw him to the other side of the arena.

The arena was deadly silent as an ominous aura started saturating the air. The Obsidian Wolf's ruby eyes glowed as he spoke his words through an elaborate mind link connecting everyone present, even the Alpha.

"You dare speak of the Prowess with your filthy mouth. You dare to think of ruling over her kingdom.
You dare to talk as if she were dead and not looking over Ominium with all her power. You dare command all these rogues forcing them to create chaos.

You dared, so now you pay with your life, like the previous Alpha rogue had when he tried to take over Ominium.

She might not be here to end your pathetic life like she had done to the previous  Alpha but I am and will always be proof of her existence,

Proof that even in her absence there are her loyal subjects who would give their life to protect what she created, to keep peace that she fought for.

Like I will till my last breathe."

He stalked towards the now limping Alpha, like a predator would when his prey had finally been trapped.

He ran full force, striking so fast that none could follow his moves and actions. After a moment the Obsidian wolf stood with one paw on the Alpha's heart and his jaws around his neck.

What they saw was unbelievable and terrifying. The Alpha who seemed to have been limping a few moments ago. Now lay almost dead with blood flowing and soaking his fur, bones of his feet and ribs were broken and were sticking out, the spine looked as if it had been snapped in half.

"Let this be an example, a reminder of what happens, and whose wrath you will face if you speak of your Prowess with disdain and disrespect."

With that his paws crushed the Alpha's heart while his teeth tore off his head, beheading him ending his life. With that the command forced on the rogues was lifted of their souls making them rejoice with joy and happiness.

In the crowd Lee who had been watching the fight yelled," Sire! Sire! You did it, like you said, you saved us."
The young boy had already shared whispers to his fellow pack members about his encounter with him in the dungeons. Confirming the rumors about the prisoner of the alpha being a noble and that to one of the missing nobles. On hearing the boy's words the crowd felt silent knowing what was left and what they had to do. They all had made their decision and were ready to deliver it.

They spoke all at once in equal unison, " We the rogues of Ominium, grant Vincenzo Raul Dante, son of Roberto Nico Dante. Advisor and Protector of the Prowess, the title of Alpha of Rogues, till the crown that sits upon thou head be true."

They bowed, dropping on their knee with a hand above their hearts and heads dropped low.

A surge of power and energy coursed its way through his soul adding onto his Alpha Wolf. It seemed as if his form grew a feet more making him as tall as 8 feet. He howled acknowledging and accepting the title.
He mindlinked every soul present in the arena.

"Let this be the end of your doubts over the Prowess. Let it be known that she is alive, breathing and is even more powerful than she was before she left.

She left to protect Ominium and She will be back.

I will serve and rule as Alpha of Rogues till I am worthy of the title and Crown." With that he exited the arena, wanting to move ahead and settle things down as quickly as possible because...

He had a Prowess to free from her misery.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Hi guys,
Damnn, How tall and huge is he gonna get?!
Alpha of Rogues....nicee.
Hope y'all are liking it so far.
Vote and Comment.

Yours truly,
R.