15

Back to square one

3 months later

There doesn't seem to be any method to the way they sort prisoners. Violent offenders are placed with petty thieves, short-timers live with lifers. People cycle in and out fairly frequently because they might have to change prisons because of sentencing, request to go to the factory or maybe they might have bailed out.

Travis was put into a cell with two other dealers, Michael and Santino, they both asked him not to violate their side of the cell.

Travis kissed his teeth and counted down the hours of his release. Surely he wasn't back inside, he refused to believe so. Everything had been so smooth, he wasn't sure why he was inside as well, he was off his head when he got arrested.

Attempted murder maybe? Sure we all know who he tried to kill yet he felt no remorse towards the girl, but he still had so much love for her tho.

"You have a visitor sir," a male officer said as she unlocked his cell, he got up and walked out. He follow the lady down the hall as all the prisoners boo'd and threatened the young man.

He was put into a private room before getting uncuffed

Short after the officer left Sabrina walked in. Travis for once in a very long time didn't care about her disappointment. Maybe she just didn't mean as much to him. Bs. She meant the world to him, but Travis felt drained.

"Let's go," was the only thing she said before opening the door and walking out. Travis was confused but followed the young girl out.

-

Travis followed her all the way to her car, he got into the passenger side and placed his belongings on the floor.

Sabrina felt the urge to cry but held herself. She swore that she had gotten a lot stronger than before. She really did.

She drove to the nearest shopping centre, to get her mind off things. She ignored the fact that Travis was in the car, and till this day she couldn't believe he had shot her.

She parked her car and looked over at Travis. He was just studying her every move.

"You alright?" He asked as he brushed the back of her neck, right where the bullet had brushed her. Chills ran downs her spine, "I never meant to hurt you,"

She nodded before getting out the car.

He followed her into the shopping centre, they both got on the escalator to the third floor.

A few moments went by, both of them stood in front of one another in the handicap toilet.

In hindsight, she couldn't really remember everything that had been going on between them. The pure hatred she felt just vanished. Everything came to an abrupt stop when Travis' lips crashed into her own as they stood there.

His lips were so soft as he walked her backwards, her back against the wall. She kissed him back slowly back but made a point not to show how easily he had swayed her; she kept a slow pace and deliberately left her hands on her sides.

For once Travis wasn't stingy with his affection, as his hands roamed over her clothed body, as he pressed her up against the wall.

She fought back the urge to moan as his long fingertips stopped at the collar of her top and began to stroke the skin of her upper chest before moving downwards to slide the stretchy fabric down from her breasts, uncovering her lacy bra. His lips left hers and she watched him curl his fingers underneath the lace fabric of the right cup and drag it down to free her breast; his lips immediately puckering around her hard nipple as he gently nipped the delicate bud with his teeth before massaging it with the tip of his tongue.

He pulled her underwear to the side, he ran his fingers along her folds slowly, making her whimper and wrap her legs around his waist so she didn't fall. She tangled her fingers in his hair and buried her head in his neck as he roughly slammed two fingers into her. Biting down on his shoulder to stop her screaming, he sucked and bit her neck as he curled his fingers, hitting her g-spot.

"Stop... please" she pushed him off of her.

''What's wrong?'' Travis asked and for a moment they stood there in silence in front of one another. Sabrina folded and looked away. 

''Let's at least work this out first... Did you forget you tried to kill me over my brother?''

''I'm sorry about that''

''Sorry is not gonna cut it tho.'' Sabrina sighed. 

-

The pair walked back to her car in silence, Travis wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. 

''I'll make it right. I promise.''

She didn't even know what to say about it. She just stayed quiet and nodded lightly, she wanted him to make it right. He had changed a lot since they first met, he wasn't the same.

Sabrina thought being in a toxic relationship was hard but being in a healthy one and unlearning toxic habits was just difficult. Who was she fooling? It wasn't healthy right now at least.

Especially when your man is a drugdealer and used to be a lover. He was loving and caring. To Sabrina he was the most supportive, understanding, and patient partner she could ever ask for. To hell with being a ray of sunshine when things went side ways.

Sabrina stretched  her hand out to touch the rain that poured from the sky.

''It was good seeing you,'' Travis said and kissed her on the temple. Sabrina instantly felt warm inside.

''Wish I could say the same,'' she smirked.

''I've been trying to reach you tho, you never picked up.'' He announced, staring at the rumbling sky.

''I know,'' Sabrina said getting into her car. Travis jumped in staring at her, ''It was just hard... you know.'' She said pointing to her her scar.

She still had bullet pieces that remained in the body. It wasn't removed because it could've caused more damage. 

''I'm sorry,'' he said. Travis doesn't usually regret his impulsive decisions but this was different. He had hurt the one girl in his life that genuinely loved him and he made it his mission to make everything right.

------

Short chapter... More coming soon.