19

''Mit liv, more life.''

Sabrina had finally reached the restaurant Kade had invited her to, not being too sure who she was gonna meet. Probably a girl. But Kade had never actually settled down with anyone before, so this must've been a special girl.

Sabrina walked in to the pretty fancy restaurant that she had never heard of, feeling a little bit undressed. Everyone was wearing fancy attire from what she could tell, she spotted Kade and walked towards him. A girl was sitting in front of him, but she couldn't make out who it was from the back.

Kade grinned when he spotted her, he got up to give her a hug. "You're a bit late," Kade laughed, very excited for her to meet this girl. As they broke the hug, Sabrina turned around to greet the girl who was also standing up.

Sabrina was shocked when she saw who it was, but not wanting to make it awkward she hugged her.

"Nice to meet you," she said, and sat down. Sabrina had never in her life felt so awkward, what are the odds that her brother was dating this girl?

"You too," the girl responded and sat down.

It's always nice to know that a family member is happy, so Sabrina was happy for him. Kade finally gets a girlfriend, she should be ecstatic right? After all, being in love is a wonderful thing and he has found someone who makes him happy. This wasn't the case for Sabrina tho, as the girl ordered her food, looking prettier than ever Sabrina couldn't help but to feel jealous. This didn't have to end up nasty.

Being civil to her is not just a matter of manner. Being nice to her will lessen the chances of drama from forming. So that is what Sabrina was planning on to do. After they all ordered, Sabrina's curiosity kicked in.

"So how did you two meet?" Sabrina asked, wanting the girl to answer.

"Well, we met 2 years ago at a party. I really liked him but he thought I was the most annoying person ever but eventually I won him over," she smiled, she was in fact very in love with Kade. "Well after some time we had a falling out and didn't speak for for another year and a half. One day when I was walking through selfridges he ran up to me and knocked my hat off my head. I was like, 'Oh great. Here's that huge jerk.' So, we talked a little and parted ways. After that, we slowly started rebuilding our friendship. And now we're here." She finished off.

"That's not how I remember it to be fair, but I'll let you have it," Kade laughed, Sabrina faked a smile.

"That's so cute tho," she didn't find it cute at all, she couldn't believe she was so bitter tho. She felt anxious, angry, envious, jealous and helpless all at once. She couldn't get the constant stream of negative thoughts and emotions out of her head.

This was the same girl that was dating or fucking her man.

"Sorry what was your name?" Sabrina asked

"I'm Ocean," she smiled, "and you're Sabrina, Kade has told me a lot about you." Ocean knew Sabrina was somehow involved with Travis but she didn't mention it, that's why she felt really awkward. She felt a bit more comfortable after telling Sabrina how she met her brother. She was being very nice to Ocean although she laughed in her face the first time they met. "What happened to your neck?"

Kade furrowed his eyebrows, when he noticed the scar on her neck. It looked way too familiar to him, his best friend AJ had a very similar scar from getting shot at, the bullet missed all the important structures in his neck and he was lucky to even be alive. Like Sabrina.

"Who did that to you?" Kade could feel his anger build up, knowing his sister she would act like it wasn't a big deal.

"It was an accident, no big deal." Sabrina said,

"Kade grabbed her face and examined the scar. "You were shot and you didn't tell me?" He nearly shouted, grabbing the attention from all the guests in the restaurant.

"Do you see why I don't tell you anything, you overreact, I was at the wrong place at the wrong time."

That moment haunted her, she didn't need Kade to do anything."

"Let me help you..." his voice trailed off as she looked down in shock at the blood gushing out of her neck and her top and pants. His voice sounded suspiciously sweet compared to the threatening tone he had just a moment ago.

"I didn't mean to shoot," he tried to assure her as he began creating a makeshift bandage out of tissues and tape. She stared down at her hand blankly as he started to clean wound.

Looking back now, she sees flashbacks about different moments from that night. Especially at one point when she got tunnel vision and was on the edge of loosing consciousness for the first time in her life. She really thought she was gonna die, she shed a lot of tears that night.

She likes to believe that she was stronger now, she didn't fully trust Travis and feared arguments but was ok now cause they rarely ever fight about anything.

Travis had expressed a few times that he was very sorry, and shocked he would even do that. She did believe he was truly sorry, that's mainly why she forgave him in the first place.

The term "victim" makes her feel like she played zero part in what happened. She shouldn't of tested if he was gonna shoot her.

"Where were you?" Kade asked, he knew something was up. He just wasn't too sure what exactly she was hiding from him.

"There was a shootout at one of my clients area, the bullet just grazed me slightly," she didn't enjoy lying to him, but she had to.

"How could you hide this from me? I'm your brother. I'm supposed to protect you at all cost," Kade expressed with anger, his voice had softened and the guilt he was feeling was eating him up.

"I'm sorry, I hadn't seen you in awhile. I had no way of contacting you. Let's have this conversation another time," she said turning to Ocean. "So what are you guys?"

"She's my girl init," Kade was far from done with their conversation. Sabrina was praying he wouldn't bring it up again, hoping he'd forget about it.

After their dinner was over Sabrina hugged both of them as they said their goodbyes.

"See you around sis," Kade said as he and Ocean got in his car and drove away.

"What a night" Sabrina sighed as she walked to her car.

••

Sorry for typos, I finish writing at 3 am every night so I'm way too excited to read it through.