16

''Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future'' - Paul Boese.

''I'm a street nigga. I don't think you get it. Moving like I don't kill bitches and replace them'' Sabrina laughed out of pure fear. ''Go on laugh again... I will fucking dead you right here Sabrina.''  Her stomach dropped at the way he said her name but decided to not show him how his words shattared her on the inside.

''Do it, you're too much of a pussy to do it.'' He quickly put it to her head. ''Do it!'' She said.

That's when Travis pulled the trigger that grazed her neck.

Then she said wakes up.

Still, she's scared by the dreams, which seems so real, and she's confused about why, after all these memories, she's replaying those memories while she sleeps. It's disconcerting to have Travis appear in her life without control.

Why was she having nightmares - three or four times a week, about Travis.

Dreams tend to incorporate emotionally salient experiences, it can trigger different kinds of dreams related to concerns.

Remembering and reflecting on our dreams can be used as a method of tuning in to what we're really feeling, and considering ways to respond to those emotions and their real-life triggers.

But frightening or disturbing nightmares are often repetitive and replay traumatic events are considered a half mark of PTSD. Those nightmares can be experienced by women who've been in abusive relationships

To Sabrina it was uninhibited desire, and unafraid love. Maybe she needed more spice in her life.

Sabrina was ready to forgive Travis but was worried about her brother Kade who was Travis rival. He was worse than Travis, and Kade being the only one not afraid of his opposition. People would let TIP slide but KD fought back, Travis stayed out of Kade's way to avoid a conflict or a war.

Travis didn't wanna lose another friend to the streets. He knew in this life there were no happy endings, everyone's time was coming. Gangs, knives and loss of life, all so senseless and unneeded.

Travis realized a long time a ago that don't worship drug dealing but moreso look up to someone making something out of nothing. That was Travis but that's not his full story.

Constantly getting into trouble, young Travis was sent to a juvenile training school in order to straighten up his act. His story was a troubled teen dealing with loss, friends and love.

People seem to have this glorified perception that dealing drugs is this magnificent way of life, but in all reality, this is a cold mans world. In this world, you have no friends and everyone is out to get you. No? You have friends? This isn't the place for you. Respect around your old high school crowd is, cute. But what happens when you get older and that crowd begins to fade and they move past you?

Well your clientele become strangers and the deals become more rewarding, still have friends? Again, This is not a place for you. In a dopemans world, everyone is your enemy, and the only person that should know what your business intels, is you.

This is the most stressful and loneliest profession you will ever have. Trust no one! Times have changed, but the dope game, well this is a world of Neanderthals. Cave men. Where the strongest rule and the weak perish. You must always be on your guard, never be caught slipping. Because, someone is always watching and his/her envy burns through your soul, and they want what you have.

Travis used to glory the streets as a kid, he loved the oldest, looked up to the olders. He respected them and knew he'd be on their level in day.

However Travis never imagined falling in love with his PO and that could potentially become a issues.

It was really when Travis' ? Best friend Rasheed died he realised the money wasn't worth it. He didn't deserve to die. But he was playing in a world that has no rules. Was it worth it? Ask his mother.

Does Travis still glorify this life? That could've easily been him? Travis stood besides his mother when she had to bury her only son. Travis couldn't fathom how hurt beyond his minds ability to comprehend she was gonna be for the rest of her life.

Travis knew the dope game never changes, stay in it long enough and one or two things will happen; either you rot in prison or you die. Only the strong survive tho.

As Travis sat on his couch with everything running through his mind, Sabrina was in the back of it. He knew the only good thing that comes with this was the money but the retirement plan was a whole mission.

He decided to call T.

"Yo."

"We're going legit." That's all Travis really had to say, he didn't know what else to really say. He wasn't ready to up and leave this place. He wanted to stay here and make a life for himself, eventually he was gonna have kids.

He shouldn't have to think about his kids safety in the streets, he wanted to teach them how to protect themselves if it came down to it. Not here tho. London wasn't the place for him or his kids future.

-

Sabrina was standing in the roof of her apartment complex waiting for Travis. This conversation would either make or break their relationship, Sabrina wasn't looking forward to it one bit. She was so petrified of his response because she did in fact want to make it work. Despite the fact he hurt her, she was still very much in love.

"Hey," Travis approached Sabrina, she didn't turn around to greet him, just enjoying the view of London.

"Hi," she said, he stood beside her and watched the view with her.

You can choose to live your life assuming others are well intentioned and are acting in good faith until you have cause to think otherwise

Or

You can choose to live life leaning towards assuming the worst and then be paranoid.

Sabrina chose 1.

"What are you intentions with me," Sabrina asked. She wanted to get straight to it, no beating around the bush.

"I want to be with you, I want to have a family with you one day. I tried not to love you but that's impossible. I'll be real with you, I've never felt this way towards anyone in my life. But there's just something about you, you have such a pure heart and is the sweetest soul. I need you in my life." Travis confessed. He had never been so straight forward with a girl, she made him feel so comfortable. He knew she was in love with him too, their connection was as just on a different level.

"Are you ready to try this for real tho?" Sabrina asked looking up at him. Travis turned to face her,

"More than anything Sabrina,"

His response had Sabrina in shock, she knew he liked her but she had convinced herself otherwise a long time ago.

"I love you too."

-

The end? Or would you guys like more of their story?