CHAPTER 2: TODAY, TOMORROW & FOREVER

Hey, you little reader, glad to see you coming back in the year 1962, I hope you're enjoying the story so far 😘

'I need your love

I need your time

When everything's wrong

You make it right

I feel so high

I come alive

I need to be free with you tonight.'

However, when I reopened my eyes and glanced around, I realized that yes, he was really planning to kill me...

What a sweet death it would have been though, being hit by awe, the bang of my heart knocking my breath as I stared, unmoving at the sight before us.

"Do you like it?" Spencer saved me out of my daze, reminding me to breathe, even if only a shallow inhale, as I turned to him.

"Like?! I love it! It's..." No words could even describe the idyllic place in front of us.

The crystalline blue, the colors everywhere, the play of shadows and lights... it was better than in all those postcards or magazines because we also had the sound of the birds chirping around, crickets, even a few croaks, and the peaceful lapping of water. The delicate scent of wildflowers was filling my nose, and my skin was already tickling to feel everything.

But before, I answered Spencer, giving up finding the appropriate word for all of this and expressing it in my own way: cupping his cheeks and crashing my lips on his.

It took him two seconds to translate, yet he quickly replied with the same passion, and his mouth melting on mine made this place even more special, or maybe it was this place making this kiss even more precious?

Anyway, a surge of giddiness was spreading through my veins as the loud beats of my heart added to nature's melody around, and I was engulfed in a mix of spice and blooming aroma. His hands were warming the tingles on the skin along my arms and shoulders, and my lips stretched into an excited grin before we even broke the kiss.

"I love it," I repeated, rushing to get out of the car and glance everywhere as he followed close behind. "How did you find this place?"

"It was the place my dad took my mom on their first real date."

And here went my breath before I could even catch it...

"I understand why she married him!" I smiled, taking in the special shine in our surroundings and the glimmering emotions of his tenebrous eyes as I walked back to him, lifting on my tiptoes and wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Now, I have one more question... Can we go swimming?" My head nodded to the natural pool of clear water, and especially the waterfall that had caught my eye the second we had arrived, the hot weather making it even more tempting.

"Of course, that's why I told you to bring your swimsuit." He poked my nose, leaning his forehead on mine. "I knew you were going to go for a swim anyway, so I thought it would be better if you didn't ruin your dress and made your mom mad. I wouldn't want to get you grounded today."

"What?! I would've never done this." I pulled away to swat him, although he didn't budge more than an eyebrow, rising to make my innocent look fall too fast with a playful roll of my eyes. "Okay, you know me too well.