CHAPTER 46: AFTER-SEX PANCAKES & PLANS

A new chapter and a new dedication today 😁 This one is dedicated to @abvgddjzijkl23 for her constant support on all my stories! So thank you 🥰😘✨ Love you!

'And I wanna drive down to Texas, flip off my exes

Get kind of reckless and have wild, wild, wild sex under the moon

But only if it's with you'

"Today's gonna be a good day."

Would it?

Stirring from the most serene sleep in a long time at the sound of this gravelly voice and the faraway birdsong, I knew that whatever this day would bring, I was ready to face it – or maybe just to stay here forever, under those featherlike kisses in the crook of my neck.

"How 'bout some pancakes to start?"

My eyes snapped open on those words, and not even the flashing dots of black could stop me.

"Yes! Where?" I sat up, feeling around for my surroundings.

There was a lot of naked flesh, but no hint of pancake, as the only smells filling my lungs were pollen, wood, and that intoxicating perfume that had become ours. Before my eyes even adjusted to the morning lighting, I was reminded of where we were, what we had done, and how there was no pancake.

Though it didn't stop me from running my gaze around as soon as I could make out the various shapes around, especially some protruding shapes...

"You'll see after-sex pancakes are the best."

My eyes landed on Blade's impish smile. How could it already hold so many bad intentions so early? Well, my own mind was taking a devious trail, and the tingles awakening weren't only in my stomach as my gaze wandered lower.

The dancing shadows of the leaves above adding to the inks on his satiny skin were mesmerizing and fitted him perfectly. It was as if he'd been made to lay under the trees, in this cargo bed, naked, next to me.

We'd moved from the open field to the back of Pete's old truck in the middle of the night to sleep, or more exactly, he'd carried my half-dozed self, and none of us had cared about putting clothes on, as we were alone, and we had the covers I'd brought. Besides, his skin was incredibly warm; I realized it as a shiver ran along my flushed skin. Though I suspected it wasn't because of the Summer breeze; it was his ardent gaze taking in my bare body like I did with his that drew goosebumps on its way.

Funny how easily I was getting used to watching his naked figure, but I was still shy with my body, even after the way he'd worshipped it last night.

Although more heat was rushing in my veins with the memories, I still reached for the white piece of clothing next to me to cover myself – I didn't try for the blankets that were too tangled in between his legs.

"The penguin suit looks hotter on you," he rasped as I slid my arms in the large sleeves, and his gaze continued to roam as shamelessly over every inch of exposed and covered skin, soon, his hands joining.

"Thank you." I giggled, my skin a little too ticklish under his devilish fingers, though I hadn't forgotten the most important as I strode over him to reach for my large bag. "Now, tell me where are these pancakes?"

I didn't risk a sideways glance as his fingers climbing up my inner thigh before skipping down the other were echoing the word until my insides. 'After-sex pancakes', I wasn't sure what was growling at the thought, but I focused on the mess in my bag, being careful as I pulled out the various items.