CHAPTER 16: DOROTHY, HER STUBBORNESS & ECCENTRICITY

*Drum roll* After my little questions in last chapter, you have suggested me a lot of awesome shipnames, and now, it's time to choose between all of them! 😉

So for Dorothy and Blade, we got: Dlade, Blathy, Dlorothy, and Dorade. Now you choose your favorite!

And for Dorothy and Spencer, we got: Spenthy, Spothy, and Docer. Tell me your favorite!! (and no, 'No no no no ew ew' won't work @munisa90 😅)

I'll announce the results in next week's chapter, and in the meantime, let's enjoy our couples...

'It's strange to think the songs we used to sing

The smiles, the flowers, everything is gone

Yesterday I found out about you

Even now just looking at you

Feels wrong'

"Dorothy! Your date is here!"

My new lipstick skidded past the corner of my lips before crashing on the floor, adding another stain on my pale carpet. Though I didn't give it a second glance as I rushed out of my room, almost leaping through the stairs upon my mom's call.

If my mom and my 'date' were in the same room, the lipstick would be the last of my red-stained worries.

How had he even found my address? Weren't we supposed to meet at the little church, where he always dropped me? And wasn't it too early? Actually, these weren't the most important questions, but I didn't get to think about them as I was already running to the open door my mom was holding.

All my muscles froze on a not-so-elegant gliding movement, which certainly earned me a disapproving look from my mom, when I took in the figure in the doorway.

This was not my date, despite the beautiful bouquet of white tulips, daisies, and red roses and the familiarity of this picture, and I blinked several times, questioning my sanity.

Was I this marked that I was seeing him everywhere? No, when I turned to my mom, I knew I wasn't dreaming. She definitely wouldn't wear that smile in front of Blade.

"Spencer?!" I hesitated between letting out a sigh of relief because my mom hadn't met the criminal I was hanging with and taking in a shaky breath to prepare to face the one who had broken my heart, and it ended up in a sort of hiccup.

"Good night, and don't forget your curfew," my mom said as I watched her through wide eyes leaving the room with the same smile, apparently unaware that she was the only one smiling because the lift of Spencer's lips clearly looked nothing like his usual warm grin, and my mouth was still forming a perfect O before I clenched my jaw.

"Hi..." he tried, and for the first time, he seemed to search for the words to say, his lips opening and closing a few times only to let out empty breaths.

"Listen, I don't have time right now, and you should really stop coming every day." My voice was softer than all the emotions boiling inside, surely because of his drawn features I caught despite trying to focus on the white fence in the distance, and as my gaze was already trailing to the soft skin I loved to kiss under his eyes and that today, was shadowed, I pushed the door closed.