CHAPTER 18: POWERFUL OR EVIL?

'No limits, no ceiling, no crown

No pressure gonna hold me down

No stopping 'til I break every rule

And no limits to what I can do'

Orgasms were a powerful thing.

I finally understood why some women were so effective, bursting with energy, and juggling with so many things, and it looked like they never stopped.

I felt unstoppable after the last night.

"You're late again, Dodo."

Not even the high-pitched voice dripping fakeness and announcing nothing good could slow down my gait as a trail of stardust was still running through my veins, and a smirk was also stretching my lips with a mischievous edge that may have been inspired by someone else.

"Sorry, but I have a good reason. I was with the coach."

I could feel a tiny spark of the power from an orgasm as I watched Diane's content smile fall slowly until it crashed into a horrified 'O' when I heard the unmistakable drawling steps behind me.

She was lucky I hadn't interrupted when she was doing a stunt, especially because it froze the whole team. Everyone was looking with wide eyes in my direction. Okay, they were mainly staring at the imposing figure behind me.

But I still caught their attention as I spoke again, "I've thought a lot about those rules you've talked about last week, and I decided that I should study them more carefully."

I dropped the heavy binder on the bench, right over the white jacket of the captain, and I took my sweet time to open the page I'd marked to build the suspense.

"Can we cut to the chase and do this vote? There's the football team waiting for me." The coach just stole my moment and the priceless drop of Diane's pompoms, along with the blood out of her face.

But I wouldn't take up more of his patience. I had already annoyed and begged him enough with my arguments to make him dig up this binder, and I'd needed even more arguments to make him come here.

I feared he'd been so lenient because he liked Spencer, who was his best player, though I wouldn't let this idea reach my high and unstoppable brain.

"Yes, of course." I offered a polite smile to the man in a football tee-shirt way too small for his figure, while he took a seat in the first row of the bleachers, grumbling something under his breath, and I turned back to the cheer team that was still paralyzed in the same position.

"So indeed, a captain can be voted out if he or she misses a major practice." My smile still wasn't coming down. "But 90% of the team has to vote it, and if I recall." I paused for some dramatic effect, though not too long as I gave a sideways glance to the bleachers. "Gary and Jo were on a school trip, and Rachel and I weren't there. So it wasn't 90% of the team."

I didn't need dramatic drum thumps, the gasps that followed – mostly from Diane's friends, who pulled away from her as if not wanting to be splashed by her reputation stain – were enough.

I had never seen Diane so pale, not even in front of Blade's knife, and she looked one second away from collapsing on the floor.

Therefore I didn't keep my torturous suspense more, also because I could feel the coach's impatient gaze on my back.

"Don't worry, you can keep your place as the captain. I'm not interested anymore." I shrugged, watching the relief and confusion wash over her features with the breath she took in, and just then, I added, "But I've also found another interesting rule."