CHAPTER 44: BIG BANG

'He's so tall and handsome as hell

He's so bad but he does it so well

I can see the end as it begins

My one condition is'

Blade was in the center of all the attention, once again, and this time, he was facing Spencer.

I'd hopelessly wished this would never happen, and even if they'd glimpsed each other from afar, I'd been careful all night for them to never cross paths or end up within the same 15 feet area. But now, they were less than three inches away as they pushed each other.

"No, leave him to me. I want it to be fair." Spencer shook his head, stopping a few of his teammates who stepped next to him with rising fists – I only caught Gordon's face as my head was spinning too much between the two men facing each other.

"You sure it's fair that way?" Blade lifted his chin, offering a perfect view of his stretching Cheshire cat's grin, the killer kind, and I realized I wasn't breathing as a gasp echoed from beside me.

Diane had followed me. Of course, she wouldn't have missed a chance to catch me crumbling down, and she even managed to pull out of her shocked stare to throw the first blow.

"It looks like some things are still about winning..."

Her words felt like an electroshock, restarting my heart, and it was jumping in two directions as I turned back to where everyone's attention was.

In a blink, they were already grasping each other's collar, and from Blade's knuckles taking the same color as the bandage beside them, and the vein bulging near Spencer's temple, it was clear they were fighting, and they wouldn't stop until one of them won – what? I had no idea, like I couldn't predict who would win.

Spencer was strong and trained to tackle down his opponents on the field. Blade was fast and used to fight for his life. I didn't want to find out any of the outcomes possible.

I knew what was to lose, and it was enough to pull my body into motion.

I didn't think, nor breathe; I'd lost my sanity and breath already, and I was only following the bangs of my heart, which pumped adrenaline faster and faster in my shaky legs and until the tip of my fingers, as I pushed through the crowd.

"Stop! Spencer! Blade!" The screams came out tighter than I'd expected, surely because their tensions were traveling to me when I reached them.

It was like standing in the clash of fire and ice, the collision of electron and positron, and even my heels cracked under the force of the big bang growing. I understood why everyone was watching crippled.

Yet even if my nerves were crushed and pulled under, I still leaped on them like a shooting star, and my hands might have been shaking, but they were gripping pieces of smooth fabric until my nails dug into skins, both of their skins. I recognized the sparking powder and fluttering flames climbing up each of my arms.

Once more, it announced nothing but a disaster, especially in the middle; however, I'd rather have taken it literally in my chest than let them fight, and that was what I did in a way as my fierce green eyes clashed with crystalline and amber.

My chest kept growing tighter until I finally felt them easing off under my hands, and something blew up inside my chest. My breath? My stomach? My heart? I wasn't sure, and before I could find out, a voice boomed louder.