CHAPTER 20: EVIL GENIE

Surprise! I'm back with a new chapter and a dedication! I dedicate this chapter to my friend and romance writer 😉 @yanastevelork Thank you for all your support and comments on this story! They always light up my days like shooting stars (I know you like this nickname 😘🤩) Love you! 💕

'Can't take the fire

'Til you've fallen from grace

'Cause I need a man, a man who's got blood on his hands

And the truth on his face'

"I won!"

"I gotta bow. You're really an exceptional shooter." Blade literally bent his head forward, his sore-loser frown already turning into an impish smile.

"I won?!" My victory shout ended like a question as I was taking in my victory.

It wasn't that I'd doubted it – well, I may have doubted a few times when he'd distracted me so much and I'd missed the target – but it was too good, watching the final results and feeling the victory rushing in warm tingles through my veins, and if it wasn't clear enough, I could read them, as he'd written them down on a crumpled sheet of paper.

I had five points over him.

It was all about consistency, and I'd won fairly despite all his wicked distractions.

"It looks like you're not the best at everything you do... The Shooting star is better than you." I grinned widely before it fell into a serious expression, though my voice was still echoing all the tickles going through me. "And now, I want my prize."

He chuckled, his bowed head still watching my petite figure from above. "Okay, I gotta admit the Shooting star is really good at a lot of things..."

Why did I feel like we weren't talking about shooting anymore? Oh right, it was because of that mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"But I– hey, you still haven't given me a nickname." His eyebrows lowered momentarily in thoughts, yet it didn't dim the devious glint in his gaze, and I wondered if he was still trying to distract me. "We're close enough now, don't you think?"

He had a point, and I didn't have to search. I already had it since long. I'd just never said it out loud.

"You're my evil genie." I shrugged easily, but my shoulders stayed frozen up as I heard my words out loud. "I mean, an evil genie."

Maybe some nicknames were better locked in my spinning head, and if I couldn't take back my word, I still held my breath, watching in fear for the moment the magic would vanish.

Yet his gaze only turned more penetrating and mesmerizing as he tasted the words. "Your evil genie... I like it."

I liked it too, rolling out of that edged smile, and there was no doubt he was an evil genie because that same dimple that I'd cursed during the game was now making me nibble on my smile, and when he inch by inch leaned closer, I was drawn in.

If it hadn't been for his hand snaking to the back of my hair, I would have surely jumped on his lips. But he made it torturously slow, making sure to dive his piercing gaze in mine and arise all those delicious shivers, which, when our lips met, turned into burning sparks more exhilarating than any victory thrill.

Well, he was the evil genie making me a shooting star; that was the best way to describe it like last night, like all our kisses before. Yet now that the nicknames had been on both of our lips, now that we were close enough, there was another dimension to it.