Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Loey

If their stares could kill me, I’m probably dead by now.

It was okay for the boys to act as if I betrayed them. However, seeing how Primrose snapped earlier wasn’t okay. I wanted to hug her when tears suddenly rolled down her face before she left us and went to her room. 

My hands balled into fists as I stared up at the ceiling inside the dorm.

After what happened, Dredleigh suggested that we have to go back to our dorm and talk. Everyone agreed to it, including me. 

Napatingin ang lahat kay Kuya Eros nang suminghap ito. Siya ang umupo sa harap ko katabi sina Kaito at Matt. Seryoso siyang nakatitig sa akin kaya mabilis akong napaiwas ng tingin.

“You better explain what happened, Loey. What are you keeping from us, again?” Kuya Eros was calm but he was staring at me intently.

Baron scoffed when I didn't answer immediately. "Are you two back together?" he asked. "Don't tell me you're choosing that girl over Primrose?"

Isang katahimikan muli ang bumalot sa amin. Hinayaan lang nila akong manahimik muna pero nasa akin pa rin ang mga atensyon ng lahat. Lalo na si Leigh na nasa tabi ko at titig na titig sa akin. Nate was also staring at me while he was clinging to Leigh’s arm. The others were standing, aside from Dred, who was sitting on the floor not that far from our place.

I took a deep breath before finally opening my mouth to speak. They also deserve to know what happened. “No, Karlin and I are not back together. And no, I won’t choose her over Primrose. It’s just that… when I said that I volunteered to marry Primrose for the sake of the artists, it was true, but not my real reason...” My lips trembled a bit that I had to stop speaking. Maybe I shouldn’t have kept it from the beginning. They were always the ones supporting me. “...Karlin asked me to do it. When she heard about the offer, Karlin talked to me to accept it. I don’t want to but she begged. She said that she wanted to be free from Mr. Foster, especially when she was being forced to date an old famous actor.”

Baron groaned. “You two broke up. Who does she think she is? Also, why did you have to do it for her? For your ex-girlfriend who fucking left you because of the offer she got from the former CEO!”

Kuya Jinmin stepped closer to Baron and slightly patted him on his shoulder. I looked down and clasped my hands together. They were the ones who were mad about my break up with Karlin. Well, they didn’t like her for me even before. Still, I know that they only care for me.

I know that Karlin could be selfish at times, but I still respected her. There’s still an urge in me to protect her, especially from the things she didn’t want.

When no one said a word again, I continued without looking at anyone. “I confronted Karlin when she kept provoking Primrose. But she just said that I was still hers and reminded me that she was the reason why I married Primrose. She also said that I’ll do everything for her, that's why I decided to volunteer to be Primrose’s husband.” I inhaled sharply and faced the boys. “Primrose heard everything.”

When I was ready to work things out, I mean it. However, will she believe me? From the start, I wasn’t really honest with her.

Baron and Nate cursed while Dredleigh glared at the glass of water he was holding. My attention turned to Leigh when he suddenly leaned against the sofa. Kunot ang kanyang noo habang nakatingin sa akin. Isa siya sa pinakamalapit kay Primeose. Alam niya kung ano ang napagdaanan noon ni Primrose kay Liam, kaya maiintindihan ko kung magalit sa akin si Leigh. Nanatili siyang tahimik at marahang pumikit kaya naman nag iwas na rin ako ng tingin.