Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Primrose

I thought everything was going to be fine. 

I thought it was possible to freely enjoy my moment with Loey.

Well, I guess I was wrong.

After all, everyone has their eyes on the famous rapper of SBG.

"Primrose," Ate Alice called my name sweetly behind the door. "I'll give you time alone, okay? But please don't look at your phone or watch television. Also, you still need to go to work today."

My hand flew on my mouth. I don't want her to hear my sobs. It was already rude of me to suddenly walk away earlier while we were having a wonderful breakfast with the boys.

When it became quiet, I turned my attention to the screen in front of me. The news flashed on it.

"Loey and an unknown person, who everyone assumes as the secret CEO of E Entertainment, caught hugging each other.” 

A reporter popped. “There were even several pictures where the two seem close and the girl is even in the event for the Empire’s artists and staff. Is she really the CEO? And is Loey Parker married?"

I immediately turned off my laptop and inhaled sharply, wiping the tears that rolled down my cheeks.

Another series of knocks interrupted me but I chose to ignore it, again. I buried my face on my pillow, clenching my fist.

"Loey," a voice came outside. "Let her be for now."

"But Kuya Eros."

"Don't be stubborn right now. Just give her some time."

Ilang segundo lang ay nanahimik na sa labas ng aking silid. I silently thanked Kuya Eros for that. For now, I wanted to be alone.

The news and the picture were a huge blow to my identity and Loey's career. 

Early in the morning, my energy got drained from the news articles circulating the internet and how it was already shown in a news show.

Napasulyap ako sa phone ko nang tumunog ito. May mga messages galing kina Tito Reylan at Ate Alice.

I bit my lips before I quickly stood and prepared myself to go to work.

It won't be an easy day for me even inside the building, especially when there's an urgent meeting with the board regarding the situation. Tito even warned me that it might be harder to deal with them right now. 

Ate also told me to be careful on my way since there were people outside the building.

We just got rid of them, but maybe they missed the building so much that they were back.

I was just starting to feel happy and peaceful again, but why does it feel like life was only giving me a free taste of it.

"The public demands an explanation about the pictures. They are saying that we manipulated them, betrayed them, and everything they could think of. The fans also threatened us that they will stop supporting SBG if Loey's not going to explain himself about the marriage thing."

I massaged my temple while I listened to the middle-aged board members who were voicing out their opinions and frustrations. Ate even shook her head twice already.

I get their point. Kaso napapagod na lang ako dahil isa lang naman talaga ang concern nila at iyon ay ang mawalan ng pera. They were just complaining and not offering any idea to solve the problem.