Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Primrose

I bit my lips and threw my phone on the bed.

“I told you, stop reading comments, Primrose.”

Pouting my lips, I sat beside Ate Alice and leaned on her shoulder. She giggled before her hand made its way on my cheek and tapped it lightly. “Stop torturing yourself, okay?”

She let out a sigh when I didn’t respond.

It’s been a week now and nothing has changed. Our silence was something that only angered the fans even more. The lack of projects and exposures of the SBG didn’t even help.

“I’m tired. Mentally and emotionally,” I admitted. Ate didn’t say anything, that's why I continued. “I couldn’t think of anything that would fix or even just calm the situation. I can’t kick Loey out of the group that would never be an option.” A sigh escaped from my lips. “I also can’t ignore the fact that the company’s also taking huge damage from this issue. That's why I have to do something but it was getting too exhausting.”

I wasn’t born to be the center of attraction, especially to be someone who people could judge openly.

If I was getting drained and hurt by it, what more of those who’ve been dealing with a lot of issues, harsh comments, and judgment for years or decades already? Reading the comments about the witch secret CEO made me cry for a day. What more about the other artists who’ve been receiving those kinds of comments every single day?

I remembered Kuya Rence broke down before because he read someone calling him names and even involving his family.

“It might be easier for them to ignore their haters, but seeing those who loved them for years starting to hate them won’t be easy.”

She caressed my cheek and drew a circle on it with her finger. “Is that why you’re avoiding them for the past few days?”

Tumango ako sa kanya.

Noong mga nakaraan ay hindi ako lumalabas ng kwarto kapag nasa bahay habang kinukulong ko rin ang sarili ko sa opisina. Kumakain din ako sa labas kasama si Ate Alice minsan kapag alam kong nandito lang sina Loey. 

Even in the office, they weren’t allowed to visit me. Ate was the one who told them about it. It’s the boundary I set for the time being. I couldn’t face them. I won’t be able to look them in their eyes without feeling guilty. Without blaming myself, again.

Kahit na magalit ako kay Karlin ay hindi ko pa rin maiwasan na hindi sisihin ang aking sarili.

If Loey didn’t marry me then maybe his fans won’t turn against him.

“Primrose.” There was a warning in her tone as she said my name. I pouted and sat straight.

“I’m not drowning myself in my thoughts, Ate,” I said.

She eyed me suspiciously. I quickly stood and forced a smile. “I’m kinda thirsty. I’ll just go get myself some water. Do you want some?”

“I’m good. Ayaw mo bang ako na lang kumuha?”

“It’s fine. I can do it.”

Ate let me out of my room and stayed there. She laid down on my bed and told me that she would take a nap first. I let her rest in my room. Ang dami niya rin ginawa at inasikaso para sa akin. Physically, she must be tired.

Before I could even take my last step, I heard voices coming from the kitchen.

“What do you think will happen?”