Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Primrose

I told myself before that I should choose who to comfort. You can't just open your arms to someone just to find yourself being drained mentally and emotionally. That's not how it works, and I've been there, so I better scold myself later.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed as soon as I released her. "And thank you."

Tumayo ako't inayos ang aking sarili, ganoon din ang ginawa niya habang pinipigilan ang mga luhang tumatakas pa rin sa kanyang mga mata. I really can't imagine myself suffering like how they suffered. I've seen and heard screams of pain of those trainees trying their best to debut. Now, I've witnessed how my uncle hurt one of our artists physically and verbally, I couldn't stop the bitterness in my heart.

I smiled, "Don't mention it. I hope you're okay now if not, it's also fine since you're just a human who experienced hell."

She heaved a deep sigh and finally, she lifted her head as her eyes locked into mine. Medyo mugto na ito't halatang pagod na. Malungkot na ngumit siya sa akin bago napatingin sa likuran ko.

"Loey?" She muttered.

"Hey, Sophie," he spoke behind me.

Oh, I forgot about him.

The girl then glanced back at me, confusion written all over her face.

"She's not a trainee, that's why you couldn't recognize her face," Loey said, reading what's on her mind. "But, she's someone special."

"Not that special though," I shrugged.

He chuckled, which I ignored. She glanced back and forth between me and Loey, then her eyes widened.

"Is she your-"

"My future wife," he answered, not letting her finish the question.

I turned around and glared at him. "What? Should I introduce you as my girlfriend instead?" he asked. "We both know that you're skipping that title already, Primrose."

Tiningnan ko lang siya nang masama bago ibinalik ang tingin kay Sophie. Hindi naman ako matatawag na girlfriend niya talaga, wala kaming label bukod sa magiging mag asawa kami.

We both have reasons to marry each other, and it's my only way to make everything right and protect them.

"I'm Primrose, by the way," I extended my right hand, which she accepted. "You're Sophie, right?" She nodded.

"The way you talk to her, she might think you're older than her," he paused and stared at me. "On the second thought, your height makes it obvious that you're younger."

"Shut it, Loey. Ang sarap talaga lagyan ng tape iyang bibig mo!" I hissed.

Again, he just chuckled, leaning forward and whispered, "At least the mood changed a bit. Feeling ko kasi nasasakal ka na kanina sa lungkot."

I pursed my lips. He's really the happy virus of the group. He's not a fan of gloomy atmosphere, kaya hangga't makakaya niya ay gagawa siya ng paraan para gumaan ang paligid.

"I'm Sophie." Her deep and whole voice made me stop from giving a death glare to Loey. He also excused himself when his phone rang, which I'm glad that someone called him.

She flinched when my hands suddenly touched her left cheek. Hindi pa rin nawala ang pagkapula nito na kitang-kita dahil sa puti niya. Bakit ba kasi karamihan sa mga celebrity ay ganito ang kutis? Hindi naman siya ganoon kaputi pero tama na para makita ang pamumula ng kanyang pisngi.