Epilogue

Epilogue

I was almost blinded by the endless flash of cameras that were focused on me. I took a deep breath before I held my chin high and walked confidently in front of all the media reporters who attended the conference that the company has prepared for me.

After a month of staying silent, I'm now ready to let them hear my voice. I knew that there’s no turning back as soon as I stepped in and exposed myself to the people who were hungry for information they could use.

I grabbed the microphone and slightly bowed my head and faced everyone. They stared at me intently with their pens, audio recorders, and cameras on their hands.

“Greetings to all who attended this conference and those who are watching right now,” I started. My heart was pounding so fast, but I have to stand firm and look confident in front of the people who judged me and called me names that I don’t even deserve. “I would like to go straight to the point as to why I called for a conference. I’ll answer some questions that have been spreading all over social media.”

I held the microphone tightly, glancing at Ate Alice who just smiled and gave me a small nod. 

“Firstly, yes, I’m the real CEO of E Entertainment who's been working secretly for the good of the company. As for the reason why I was hidden, it is no longer part of your concern. Secondly, yes, Loey Parker of SBG is already a married man. And I’m his wife. Did I force him? Loey is certainly no pushover. He has freedom to decide for himself, and he will do whatever he thinks is best for everyone, like he always does. Lastly, the question if the SBG will leave the companyㅡthey'r not. And Loey won’t be kicked out of the group. They will remain nine members. The SBG will still be under E Entertainment as they continue to give their best performance.”

There were murmurs as I spoke. May mga nakakunot ang noo habang may iba naman ay nakangiti at tumatango na para bang sang-ayon sila sa mga sinasabi ko.

I genuinely smiled at the camera. “I also wanted to thank the fans of SBG who stayed and defended Loey. Those who wished him happiness and accepted the situation wholeheartedly. Soon, you will be hearing from him and the group. Right now, they are still taking some rest. Our artists are so lucky and blessed to have fans like you. This just proves that all their hard work are not in vain. Thank you.” I bowed my head, hoping that they would know I was grateful, really. “That would be all.”

The reporter started to run after me to ask some follow-up questions but the bodyguards immediately stopped them.

“I wonder how they will name you in the article. Ms. Parker? You didn’t even introduce yourself to them properly. I even overheard some who were asking for your name,” Ate giggled. 

Sabay kaming naglalakad at biglang napahinto nang sumulpot sa harap namin si Tito Reylan.

He gave me a light pat on my back. “You’ve grown stronger and braver. Your parents would be proud of you, Primrose. Kung buhay man sila ngayon, I’m sure they’ll throw a party for you!”

I have to agree with that.

My smile grew wider as I felt something warm within me. The burden and anxiety I was carrying when the chaos started were now gone. I felt lighthearted. It was nice.

Ate and uncle guided me back to the car, and they instructed me to go home and rest. They have to go back to the company to take control and monitor how the public would react to what happened earlier.

I knew it would gain mixed reactions. Still, I believe that I did my best. I don’t have anything to prove to them anymore. Loey doesn’t need to explain himself anymore. then we’ll move on from this issue.