Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Primrose

My heart was thumping so fast as I stared at the door, still deciding whether to knock or not. Sighing, I carefully knocked on the door. Loey halted as soon as he saw me standing in front of their room when he opened the door.

"They're waiting downstairs," I said looking down to the floor. "I also decided to accompany you guys during the shoot."

A soft chuckle made me look up at him, blinking. Saglit siyang umiling bago lumapit sa akin at bahagyang ginulo ang buhok ko.

I pouted.

"Bakit sa sahig ka nakatingin? Sahig ba kausap mo? Siya na ba si Loey?" natatawang tanong niya. Tiningnan ko siya nang masama, kaya naman itinaas niya ang dalawang kamay niya bilang pagsuko. "Fine, I'll just change and follow you downstairs, okay? Ang bilis mo talagang mainis."

Umirap muna ako sa kanya bago umalis sa harap ng kwarto nila ni Baron. Para saan pang kinakabahan ako kanina? Nakalimutan kong si Loey nga pala siya, at siguradong ayaw niyang may makapansin na malungkot siya o ano pa man. Alam ko at nararamdam ko na hindi pa rin sila handa ngayong araw.

When I reached the living room, they were all silent. The atmosphere was a bit heavy, which rarely happens when it comes to this group.

"Loey's just changing," I said to no one particular. They all just nodded without glancing at me, and that made me sigh. The only person who did was Leigh. He gave me a reassuring smile, which I responded with a nod.

"Let's go and see what will happen. That show's lucky to have us, and I'm sure their ratings will soar higher than they imagined. Let's go, legendary SBG!" Loey shouted.

I shook my head as I observed how he was trying to be jolly, like his usual self. We all know that he's just trying to lighten up the mood, just like what he and Baron always do.

The whole crew was busy when we arrived at the shooting place, but they still welcomed us warmly. Well, they should be. They're the ones who invited my artists so they need to get on our good side. We can go and not do the show anytime, anyway.

"My pleasure to meet you personally, Miss President," the head director of the show greeted, extending his right hand.

I smiled politely before accepting it for a handshake. "The pleasure is mine. Thank you for inviting my boys to your show," I said, glancing at his team and nodded as a form of greeting. They did the same and even the boys behind me.

We were escorted to the waiting room for the SBG and told them to prepare for the shoot. We saw the three when we were on our way to the waiting room. They were about to approach me if not for Loey who stood closer to my right, and Leigh to my left, like they were my bodyguards. They all watched us as we entered the room–away from the three.

"Well, I hope we'll get things done smoothly. I'll have to admit that I'm not really comfortable being in the same place and the same show with our former members. I guess my acting skills will be put to use here," Dred said as soon as he settled himself on a chair.

"You're lucky to have that skill, Dred, but how about me who doesn't even know a thing about acting? Our fans are smart, they might see through it easily!" Matt complained. Then he turned to me, "Miss President, I'll have to apologize in advance if they begin to notice that there's something odd in our interactions with Liam, Kuya Kane, and Tripp."

I waved my hands at him. "They would be too happy with your reunion to notice such a thing. Just do your best and be civil with them."

Hindi ko alam kung bakit pero sobrang bilis ng tibok ng puso ko, na halos magwala na ito. Huminga ako nang malalim at pilit na pinakalma ang sarili. SBG needs me to be okay.