Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Primrose

"One of the biggest companies has a hidden female CEO. Who is it? What company is it? The rumor said that this CEO is also married to an idol under her company! A rapper from a famous boy group. What's more exciting is that the idol was part of a recent dating scandal with his labelmate and co-star in a movie," Mr. Lee read it out loud. He scoffed before putting his phone down. "Is this really a blind item? Or are they just hinting that the idol they were talking about is Loey?"

Ate nodded. "That's why many came to the conclusion that it's him, which we all know that their assumption was right. So I think we can't deny that Loey is not the person in the blind item."

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath. I put my hand on my chest as I felt my heart clenched.

I've never imagined that we would be in this kind of situation. 

Everything was just okay. We just got okay. Mabilis kong kinuha ang tubig na nasa lamesa at ininom ito. Pinakiramdaman ko ang aking sarili bago humarap kina Ate Alice at Mr. Lee.

"Just like what we discussed during the emergency meeting, we will stay silent about it unless they mention my name or Loey's name in the articles spreading around the internet. For now, it's just an entertainment blind item. Let it stay like that." I heaved a deep sigh. "Instead, we will have to go through an internal battle. We should investigate who leaked the information about the secret CEO and even my marriage."

Normally, it would just be a small thing to gossip around. Most of the blind items were not a big deal. That's why it was a shock that this blind item got big. It just boomed. Many shared about it around social media accounts that it was hard to track its source since every site has a copy of it and has the same time when it was posted.

Ate Alice groaned. "Who dared to breach their contract? Don't worry, I'll handle the investigation."

"Thank you, Ate," I said. She just smiled at me. My brows creased when Mr. Lee had a grin on his face. "What?"

"Your dad will be proud of you. You've grown up pretty well, Primrose."

"You think so?"

He nodded.

"Thank you, Uncle."

"We're at work. You should call me Mr. Lee."

I rolled my eyes and that made him chuckle.

"I'll handle the shareholders and assure them that we'll do our best to control the situation," he said.

"Yes, please. I could feel their sharp gaze at me during the meeting. Knowing them, they're probably scared of the money they will lose if this issue continues," I said.

"They're not scared, dear. They're all terrified."

I have to agree with that. What's happening might affect the other artists’ current and future projects, especially Loey and the group.

We talked about the other issues that needed to be discussed before I went back to my office. The situation wasn't great because of the blind item. We also have to delay our event until the fans of SBG calmed down.

Mabuti na lang na wala pang official announcement sa event na inihanda ng Empire. We will still push the release of the teasers, hoping that it will comfort the others.

Napaangat ako ng tingin nang may nilapag na mga folders si Ate Alice sa harap ko. She sighed and threw herself on the chair.

"Shall we have some nice coffee in the garden area? It will be nice to have an early break," she offered.