Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Primrose

“What can you say about the recent issue? Is it true that you're married, Loey?”

My heart almost stopped at the question of the host.

Even Ate Alice froze beside me as we stared into the screen of the television inside my room. We just sat there and watched as Loey let out a deep chuckle before he became serious.

Ate suddenly grabbed her phone and called someone. “I didn’t approve that question! Take control of the situation and tell the director that we won’t let this pass,” she told the person on the other line.

I shut my eyes and hugged the pillow Loey gave me before.

Hanggang saan ba kami hahabulin ng isyu tungkol sa kasal namin? Umaasa ako na magiging maayos ang interview na ito dahil pinakita sa amin ang mga itatanong sa grupo, pero may nakalagpas pa rin.

Why didn’t I think that they’ll probably do something to increase the rating of the show, even if it means to do something we didn’t let them do?

“I can’t answer that question but…” My eyes snapped open at Loey’s voice. He looked at the camera with his jaw clenched. “All I can say is that I’m heartbroken knowing that our fans are turning their back on me. To be honest, I’m already at the age to settle down and I can imagine myself getting a family now. However, if our fans can’t accept that and they can’t respect my private matters, then I’m willing to leave the group as they wanted me to.”

My eyes widened at what he said.

He smiled sadly at the camera. “I will forever be grateful for all the fans, even those who turned their back on me. I understand why they are mad at me. I also want to say sorry that they felt betrayed. Still, I want them to know that I am willing to give up my career to protect someone precious to me. Also, if the the company kicks me out to console the public, I’ll accept it. I don’t want to bring damage to the group anymore.”

Sumikip ang dibdib ko sa mga naririnig mula kay Loey. Hindi ko gusto iyong ideyang handa siyang umalis sa grupo. I know how he loves his career. I could see the happiness in his eyes when it comes to performing and producing.

The host nodded his head and was about to say something again when Dredleigh cleared his throat.

“Let me make it clear first, if Loey leaves, there will be no SBG at all,” he said.

“What do you mean by that?” the host asked.

Dred passed the microphone to Kuya Eros. “It just means that if our rapper leaves, we will also leave. Nawalan na kami ng tatlong miyembro noon at ayaw na namin maulit pa iyon sa amin. We are one in everything. That’s why we are also willing to give up our career as an idol for our members. After all, nasabi naman na ni Dredleigh noon na handa siyang umalis kung sakali man, sadyang ayaw niya lang iwan ang grupo. We all love our fans and we are grateful for the love and support that they are giving us, but we also don’t want to hinder each other’s happiness. We are also human, after all."

Kung hindi ko sila kilala ay iisipin ko na para lang sa show ang sinabi nina Dred at Kuya Eros. Sino bang handang isuko ang magandang kareer nila para sa isang tao, ‘di ba? But knowing them, they were sincere with the interview. And I know for sure that they will do what they said they’ll do. For Loey.

I admire the bond that they have. However, they have a bright future in this industry and they were doing well for the past years. Now, just because of what’s happening and to hear them talk about leaving the group and giving up their career was something painful.