Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Primrose

Karlin's head turned to me. Her gaze followed me until I stood beside Loey. Ignoring her, I looked at my husband and smiled. "Kuya Shin's looking for you. You should go now. He's scary when it comes to directing."

"Can't you see that we're still talking?" Karlin hissed.

Loey was about to reply but I raised my hands at him and turned my attention to the girl in front of us. I crossed my arms and said. "Which I assume that it's not that important than his performance, right?"

She glared at me but Loey stepped forward and hid me a little behind him.

"You should go now. We're busy," he said. He took my hand and pulled me gently along with him.

Before we could even enter the area, I stopped and faced Karlin again. "You'll be notified later by your manager regarding the recent issue. You should prepare yourself."

Her body tensed but I ignored it and left her.

Loey eyed me curiously but he just pursed his lips. Sa totoo lang, kung magtatanong siya ay sasagot naman ako. Pero wala rin kami sa tamang lugar at oras kaya naman laking pasasalamat ko na tahimik lang siya habang naglakad kami patungo kay Kuya Shin.

"Oh, you're here," Kuya said, but his eyes were on the monitor in front of us. He hurriedly motioned Loey to move closer to him. I let Loey's hand go and smiled at him. He just nodded at me before he walked to Kuya.

My lips curved into a smile as I watched them. I'm proud of Sophie who was finally making a name in this industry. I'm proud of Loey who was giving his best for his fans. And I'm proud of Kuya Shin who stepped out of his comfort zone and achieved his dream to be able to direct a stage performance or music video.

They did their best to be where they are right now.

I turned around and saw a familiar face. He seems to be looking for someone so I raised my hand and waved. "Wookie!"

He glanced at me and sighed before walking towards me.

I frowned.

Wookie's hand was in his pocket. His jaw clenched. He wasn't smiling at all when he saw me.

I gulped when he was already in front of me. I'm not used to this Wookie. Never will.

"May problema ba?"

Tumingin siya sa likuran ko kung nasaan sina Loey, Sophie, at Kuya Shin.

"Let's talk somewhere else," he said.

I nodded and followed him.

Nag-text ako kay Loey kung sakali man na hanapin niya ako dahil nawala na lang akong bigla. It was just a short update that I left with Wookie and that I'll see him at home.

Wookie gestured to me to enter our biggest recording studio, which I did. Mas lalong kumunot ang noo ko nang makita si Karl sa loob na may hawak na envelope. Karl took a quick glance at me while Wookie patted me softly on my back, nodding at the chair near Karl.

Once I settled myself, I quickly looked at Wookie. "So, what's wrong?"

He let out a groan. "This is not connected to the issue, but we received something from your uncle's former driver."

"Uncle?"

He nodded.

As far as I remember, we're only working and investigating the blind item, which we were almost finished with. Ate Alice was already on the move to handle it quietly as much as possible.